Poesy
Participant
@poesy

hello all

I’ve had my tattoo a little over a month now. The main part is healed bar one fleck of ink/scab.

The star however (like a little nautical star but unshaded, just lines, taken from my college crest) still has loads of raised areas left…is this normal. The ink CLEARLY hasn’t taken that well in the star – some bits of lines are missing and it’ll clearly need a touch up…but I’m wondering why it hasn’t brushed off and become smooth yet?

I’ve been meticulous with aftercare. It’s still being washed and moisturised a couple of times a day. I’ve had to start using suncream because i can’t wear trainers all the time in this heat, but I’ve been using factor 50 and washing it off when I get inside so the skin can carry on healing.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

cant really help u without pics, but when u say raised, is it raised like a scab or raised like you can feel it? if its the latter, then that is just a reaction of the ink to the heat and it is a common occurrence. especially more so if its black ink and its the lining vs the shading.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Scabs – you know where it looks ready to be picked? white flecked up skin at the edges of bits of ink? Don’t worry I’m not picking it but the weird thing is, it looks like whatever ink is underneath and staying there has healed, and that the scabs are just hanging around for kicks…

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

yeah that does sound odd. has it been scabbed this whole time? sounds like to me you are over moisturizing, but again, hard to tell without pics. with scabs, you want to dry them out so try to skip moisturizing it for a couple days or longer.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

it was just raised to begin with.

I do keep it pretty moisturised because it’s on my foot and thus needs TLC to keep the skin in good condition

but I’ll try drying it out a bit, thanks

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

oh on your foot? yeah that changes things a little since it takes a lot longer to heal on your foot than elsewhere. try to post a pic if you can. good luck and keep us posted on the progress.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.