mustard
Participant
@mustard

gday folks

finished my sleeve.. and went through interesting times during the healing process..

what i never understood was what scabbing / peeling was meant to look like… sure enough everyone talks about it.. but i picture a scab like one your body would develop when u cut or graze your skin…

this never happened during my healing process for my 3/4 sleeve..

what did happen was a ton of (what i could call ) flaking / peeling… but alot of this appeared to be mainly excess ink. now i dont mean little specks…. but considerable amounts would rub off my skin during my morning / evening wash.. or during applying bepanthen (first 3-4 days) or lotion (after 3 – 4 days)..

my piece doesnt look blotchy… colour / shading all looks even.. which im relieved about..

im intersted to see if others went through a similar process or even have pictures of their skin healing / scabbing / flaking / peeling whatever..

cheers.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

that peeling phase you went thru is the normal process of healing. scabbing, tho common, is not considered normal for the healing process. scabbing occurs when that area has been over worked by the artist or kept too moist during the aftercare process.hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.