Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Quick question for you guys:

What is the definition of “completely healed”? I always thought it was after the tat scabbed over and then peeled off but now that I have been here for a while-and since I got my first bigish piece- it seems that the time frame is actually a lot longer. Any thoughts on this?

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

That is hard to say. Everyone heals differently and each tattoo as well. Since a tattoo is basicly a colored scar there are stages in the healing and development of scar tissue. Once all scabbing and peeling is finished, several weeks could pass before the skin has repaired itself to a “normal” stage. Three to six weeks is a good timeframe if proper aftercare is followed.

anjayenunciates
Participant
@anjayenunciates
Gsouder;68393 wrote:
Quick question for you guys:

What is the definition of “completely healed”? I always thought it was after the tat scabbed over and then peeled off but now that I have been here for a while-and since I got my first bigish piece- it seems that the time frame is actually a lot longer. Any thoughts on this?

The first stage of healing is done when the scab falls off and the first layer of dead skin is shed. Depending on where the tattoo is, you might shed another layer of skin one to two months later. This is called “snake skin” because when you wet the inked area, the tattoo will look sharper than it does when dry. I’d say that a tattoo is completely healed when it is as sharp when the skin is dry as when the skin is wet. It definitely takes at least a month and a half, if not more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.