wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

A little over an hour ago I got my hatchet girl tattoo on my shoulder finished. ๐Ÿ˜€ however the tattooist recommended either aquaphor (which for the life of me I cannot find) or A+D. I have a+d gold but worry about people say not to put petroleum of which there is 53.4% in it on a tattoo. I also got walgreens original strength antibiotic ointment. active ingredients= bacitracin zinc 400 units, neomycin 3.5 mg, and polymyxin B sulfate 5,000 units. I do not know what those ingredients mean. I was actually supposed to take the bandage off already but I just got home. Which should I put on it? the a+d or the walgreens one?

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I’m just worried. Sorry. I ended up using A+D…I used H2ocean last time but they don’t have that around here so I just hope it all goes well. That and the place ran out of printer ink so I ended up with only half the aftercare instructions…not that I don’t know them and all I’m just worried espesially because it said if it scabs it will take the tattoo with it or something? My first tat (this is my second now) scabbed…the whole scab looked (and was the same colors as) the tat and eventually it peeled off itself (i ferget exactly how long it took) and my tattoo is still fine today so scab does not equal bye bye tattoo…so i’m also confused. I just hope this one all goes well. Call me paranoid but I want to take good care of my tattoo. It is permanent so ๐Ÿ™‚

amanaman11
Participant
@amanaman11

i just use out to sea lotion or tattoo goo, i hear a and d is good though, scabs happen sometimes and has pushed out ink in it thats why it has the color, you’ll be ok

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

oh so the scab did have a bit of the ink in it…but now it’s healed you can’t tell so I guess it couldnt have been much. I’m sure it will be fine i’ll stop being paranoid and just take care of it ๐Ÿ™‚ i’m already have ideas for my next one! gonna wait till after summer though.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

With any antiseptic you just put a very thin layer on 2-3 times a day (depending on environment) for the first 2-4 days then a lotion of choice.

No petroleum is best but usually ok if you use sparingly content of 45% or less. (Depends on skin sensitivity as well).

Best to avoid antibiotic creams or steroidal creams on a fresh tattoo as they can interact and damage the ink.

Take Care
Matthew

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

i’ve put A+d on it a few times now…Don’t really know how well that’s going yet but if i dont put something on it I tend to get infections easy so I don’t want it to get infected. i’ll put it on more sparingly then though. I used h2ocean on my first one but they dont have that down here. I think it’s going to require a touch up…but alot of tattoos do dont they? As long as a little touch up is all it needs I should be fine ๐Ÿ™‚ only other thing is it does keep getting stuck on my sleeve of my shirt o.-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.