wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

I am going to get my second tattoo tomorow. I got my first one while in wildwood 2 years ago so I can’t remember what I used then other than it was something from the tattoo shop. I’ve heard many people use A+D on their tattoo for the first few days however i’ve also heard some are allergic to the lanolin in it so I got some today and I put some on (on my leg…i’m getting my tattoo on my shoulder tomorow) and if i’m allergic to it I should have a reaction by tomorow right? I don’t think i’m allergic to lanolin but nothing I can see that i’ve used before has lanolin in it. I am allergic to nickel but that’s all I know of. it’s 1:44pm right now and my apt tomorow for the tat is at 1pm so I figure if i’m allergic I should relize it by then right? Also for the lotion part someone on here mentioned they used and were recommened to by their tattooist on equate advanced recovery…would that be good? Because I found that.
so in short
question 1 I will get a reaction to A+D if i’m allergic by tomorow right?
question 2 equate advanced recovery lotion…good for the aftercare or not?
Thank you in advance for all answers

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

I don’t know much about Equate lotion so I can not answer that question. However, I can tell you that there are a lot of people that us A&D ointment on their tattoos and really it isn’t that good to us a petroleum product on your tattoo. It clogs your pores so your skin can’t breath to heal and it can also drain the color. Did you know that Petroleum Jelly is a refined byproduct of oil drilling. A&D ointment is 53% petroleum. I would recommend using a product that is specifically for healing a tattoo. There are several products out there. I personally like H2ocean because it is all natural. As far as allergies are concerned most likely if you don’t have a reaction to it within 24 hour you will be fine but you can develop an allergy to anything at anytime.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

Your a bit late. I’ve already stopped using a+d because its been a few days and it’s started to peel already. a+d was all i had because they dont have h2ocean anywhere around here and a+d is what my tatooist recommended anyway. Thanks anyway.

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

:confused: Really, I usually log on to this forum everyday and just saw your post today. Anyway sounds like all is going well.

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

yea sorry but this was posted 5 days ago. no one ever answered me in time lol

Demure
Participant
@demure
wickedjr89;66483 wrote:
I am going to get my second tattoo tomorow. I got my first one while in wildwood 2 years ago so I can’t remember what I used then other than it was something from the tattoo shop. I’ve heard many people use A+D on their tattoo for the first few days however i’ve also heard some are allergic to the lanolin in it so I got some today and I put some on (on my leg…i’m getting my tattoo on my shoulder tomorow) and if i’m allergic to it I should have a reaction by tomorow right? I don’t think i’m allergic to lanolin but nothing I can see that i’ve used before has lanolin in it. I am allergic to nickel but that’s all I know of. it’s 1:44pm right now and my apt tomorow for the tat is at 1pm so I figure if i’m allergic I should relize it by then right? Also for the lotion part someone on here mentioned they used and were recommened to by their tattooist on equate advanced recovery…would that be good? Because I found that.
so in short
question 1 I will get a reaction to A+D if i’m allergic by tomorow right?
question 2 equate advanced recovery lotion…good for the aftercare or not?
Thank you in advance for all answers

If you’re allergic to A+D you should be noticing it earlier than that. You would also be feeling discomfort. I bet you’re okay. Usually a skin allergy shows itself by redness, itch, and the occasional hives or rash.

I have a lot of skin allergies. But A+D is not one of those things I’m allergic to. I’m allergic to a lot of perfumes and scented lotions. My skin gets super red and itchy. You can see exactly where the spray was applied and my skin hates it.

You can use Equate Advanced Recovery. This is after a week of using A+D. It doesn’t matter what lotion you use after the A+D just so long as it’s unscented and you use a very thin layer every time you apply. This can be used for another week to two weeks after.

Finally you’ll move to a more common lotion and use that once you get out of the shower only.

Over moisturizing has been a common problem I’ve seen on the forums. This can cause you to break out into acne.

I also did not see your post until today. That’s really odd….

wickedjr89
Participant
@wickedjr89

Don’t worry about it. Yea I guess i’m not allergic to A+D so that’s good. It’s peeling really good and I can see the tattoo where it’s peeled off. I think I may end up getting it touched up but a little touch up and it will be good. I dont know why you didnt see the post sooner but it’s alright. My tattoo seems to be doing fine 🙂

coloredflesh
Participant
@coloredflesh

Hey i had a realy good expirence with this stuff called Rooco’s Old School Tattoo Balm. My tattoo healed realy quick with it. And its all natural so you wont be alergic to it. I ordererd it from there site here is the link http://www.roccosoldschool.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.