mustard
Participant
@mustard

Hi Folks

Just shopping around at chemists and pharmicies for aftercare products here in Sydney. Struggling to find some of the stuff talked about here on the web.

Wanting to know if anyone has used this product for aftercare?

Its QV Skin lotion. website link: http://www.qvskincare.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=119

Cut and paste from the website:

QV Skin Lotion repairs and soothes dry skin. With a luxuriously light formulation, it’s easy to apply to all parts of the body. For best results, apply after your bath or shower.

BENEFITS
• Helps seal in natural moisture by acting as a protective barrier.
• pH balanced, low-irritant formulation, free from fragrance, colour, lanolin and propylene glycol.
• Suitable for use on dry, scaly skin, winter itch, ichthyosis, xerosis, and dermatitis.
• Suitable for relief of symptoms of atopic eczema and psoriasis.
• Suitable for even sensitive skin types.
• Particularly suitable for infants and the elderly.

INGREDIENTS
Aqua (water), glycerin, petrolatum, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, cetearyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-2, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, methylparaben, propylparaben, dichlorobenzyl alcohol, polyacrylic acid, triethanolamine.

The other option iam considering is: Pawpaw ointment. I have friends who are using this right now with some good results.. ie no scabbing. a little bit of flaking.

Cheers

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

dont use it. it has the “bad” kind of alchohol in it for one, so it will sting. as well it has petroleum in it which will leech out the ink a bit. no good. i’ll tell ya the same as i tell everyone.

if your going to use lotion, either use unscented lubriderm, or unscented cetephil lotion.

or, simply shell out the extra cash for the slightly more expensive, “made just for tattoos” aftercare products.

mustard
Participant
@mustard

hi mate
those ingredients are also found in the curel fragrance free product that is talked about alot on the forums:

see link
http://www.curel.com/original_fragrance_free.asp

ingredients:
Fragrance-Free Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Gelatin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

my mistake, i misread, i thought it said “petroleum” not petrolatum. im 8 drinks in here, haha, so my bad. i dunno then, other than the dichlorobenzyl alcohol (which ive been told is the one that stings) it should be ok then…

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

wait… ok, im definitly drunk… petrolatum IS petroleum isnt it?? i mean, its petroleum based… which is no good, right?

mustard
Participant
@mustard

Hhaha! 8 drinks mate what are u doing here?

i think petrolatum is same as petroleum…

so i wonder why curel is spoken so highly of then?

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

I have heard that petroleum clogs your pores and can fade the ink. It is best to use something that is made specifically for tattoos!! I’ve been looking for something all natural. Does anyone have any suggestions??:confused:

mustard
Participant
@mustard

hi bodyart, if your looking for a product, why not just do a search or start a new thread instead of hijacking this one?

bodyart
Participant
@bodyart

Hey Mustard, I am new to the forum. I just did a google search and found this conversation and joined in. Seamed you guys knew a little more than me so figured I’d ask. Didn’t realize it was possible to hijack a conversation by asking a question:)

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I use Savalon – works for me

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.