multy
Participant
@multy

Hey guys. So, 6 days ago, i got my first tattoo on my forearm. it’s nothing special, just black ink. I did everything the tattoo artist told me to do… washed it 2 times a day, lotion 4 times a day, etc.

Here’s my real concern:

Maybe about a day ago, this ‘scar’ appeared out of nowhere near one of the corners. to me it looks like it could be damaging to the tatt. I’m pretty sure i’ve been taking care of it properly and i’ve actually been babying it a lot.

anyways, here are two pictures. the first one is a mpre or less overall shot, and the next is the area i’m concerned about

does this look like too much scabbing? i know everyone is differrent, as there are far too many diffferent variables.
332w30w.jpg

and second, the scar area i’m talking about is in the top line. the top left
2hduxqw.jpg

i’m very concerned that the more washed-out gray color is what i’ll be left with, instead of the darkness it’s supposed to be.

and if it does look damaged, can a touch-up fix it?

i know it’s a lot to read, but, thank you.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

stop worrying, its healing just fine…. it looks as though the skin was slightly overworked but it aint butchered.

the grey area around it is sometimes refared to as silver skin and its normal to get it. what you need to remember is that your skin will take upto 6 wks to fully heal, what you are seing is new skin forming over the top of the ink pigment.
use a mild antiseptic cream (such as savlon or bepanthen) 4 times a day for the the first 4 days and then just use none scented moisturising cream until it has healed, dont pick at the scabs or you will damage the tattoo, and dont go swimming either… you can wash it and shower it but dont soak it.
let the air get to it and dont recover it with any cling film or dressings, wear lose fitting clothing.

take another photo in a weeks time and repost it up 😉

multy
Participant
@multy

alright man thanks a bunch. i didn’t want to run down to my tattoo shop for inexperienced worrying haha. again, thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.