jamdemos
Participant
@jamdemos

I just got a new tattoo on my left upper leg yesterday its not a huge one about medium size, but im just wondering if I can go play hockey on it, if yes should I cover it up or something so it doesn’t get caught on my pants?

Thanks

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

It really depends on you man. As long as you can tolerate some pain, you ought to be fine. I went and lifted weights after half of my tattoos, and all that happened to me was that it burned like a bitch.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It’s an open, bleeding wound, filled with stuff you don’t want to lose. You think shoving that into a dirty and sweaty hockey suit, continuous pounding, relentless rubbing and excessive sweating is going to be the best thing to help your wound to heal?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

id leave the hockey for a couple of weeks myself . if you get a good knock on your new tattoo your defo going to feel it :rolleyes:

plus ifs its already lightly scabbed over all that moment could open it up and you will end up needing touch ups

Bodhisurfer
Participant
@bodhisurfer
ArniVidar;59194 wrote:
It’s an open, bleeding wound, filled with stuff you don’t want to lose. You think shoving that into a dirty and sweaty hockey suit, continuous pounding, relentless rubbing and excessive sweating is going to be the best thing to help your wound to heal?

Yeah I’m with the above. Tattoos should only take a few weeks to heal, so missing your favourite sport for a couple of weeks shouldnt be a biggy. Maybe you can go train skills instead of the contact element of your sport:)

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

To further reiterate the previous statement…
Any major sweating during the healing process isn’t good on your ink.

I’d take it easy for two or three weeks.
Remember:
Only a few weeks of special care and you’ll have a piece of art that will last you a lifetime.

(Well…if you want to really extend the life…you should always keep your inked skin moisturized fairly regularly, but you get the point…)

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

I work out at the gym 4-5 days a week. But I skip out on that for atleast the first few days. Once its at the peeling stage I go back to working out, but with a loose cut-off shirt so theres no rubbing against the new tat.

My artist said that body sweat is fine, as long as its your own of course, and keep it clean. Right after I work out I take a shower clean it up, and throw some lotion on it.

But like others said you should wait until its healed as your putting on a bunch of equipment and doing major physical activities. Some people heal faster than others, my wife is at two weeks max, while I take nearly 3 weeks to fully heal.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.