Ell-Powell
Participant
@ell-2

Hi all 🙂

I’ve got a few tattoos in various locations but all back when I wasn’t going to a gym. I’ve been going to the gym now for 6 months and have really toned up a lot but got a new tattoo on the back of my thigh a week and a half ago. It didn’t occur to ask my tattoo artist whether it was OK to still go to the gym and after doing a bit of googling I concluded it was best to wait for a week or so.

I am now at 10 days since getting my tattoo and itching to get back into my routine of cardio and strength training but I’m very worried about ruining my new ink. The tattoo is at the stage where there is light scabbing, so much so that you can feel it’s rough to the touch whilst creaming.

I’m looking to get real answers from real fellow tattooed people rather than Google answers – how long do you wait before returning to the gym? Do you find it affects your tattoo negatively (excess sweat, slower healing, faded colours/blacks?)

Of course, I am able to hold off and will do so to preserve my new ink – but am just curious for future pieces as to whether I am able to head to the gym earlier than this.

Thank you for your help :):)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.