samantha07
Participant
@samantha07

Got my tattoo last night and this morning I had a huge blood pocket under the Saniderm, 2/3 of the tattoo was covered. My tattoo shop is closed today and I didn’t want a huge scab so I peeled the edge a little to let all the blood drain. I’ve left the saniderm on for now since I didn’t peel all the way to the tattoo. Is that ok? Should I just go ahead and take the wrap all the way off?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Leave it on or better yet take it off and put a new one on.

samantha07
Participant
@samantha07

Could I Use Tegaderm?

Dan
Participant
@dan

if there is fluid under it then FOR SURE take it off and wash it with an anti-microbial soap with the palm of your hand 3 or 4 times a day,I use a dermal film on some of my tattoos but not until the first 24 hours after getting the tattoo just for that fluid seeping reason.either re-apply it after letting it seep all out or don’t put on the dermal film and  just keep it clean and put on a VERY light coat of something like palmer’s cocoa butter or aveeno fragrance free lotion.

I have not used any of the other dermal films,but I use Saniderm with great success using my method.

samantha07
Participant
@samantha07

Is plain orange dial in the bottle ok to wash it with?

Dan
Participant
@dan

sure,it’s better than nothing.wash your hands first.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

If its bleeding a lot always consider getting a doc to take a look or give your artist a call for them to take a look at it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.