GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I think we all feel that way, Sam. The world would be a better place if we focused more on placing more value on what we say than how we look. And really, the people who get screwed are kids who have parents who just panic over piercings and pink hair. You live long enough, you realize it doesn’t matter if your flower tattoo or conch piercing looks “girly” to hominid with less than half an inch of forehead. There’s a price to pay for those decisions, sure, but they’re far less steep than what we pay for what we say and do.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 131490 wrote:

YOUR FUCKING WEARING EYELINER.
    Fucking hell what is this world coming to.

For an English redneck slacker kid with bad ink in all the wrong places, you are incredibly condescending and narrow minded towards other people’s life choices.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ArniVidar 131572 wrote:

For an English redneck slacker kid with bad ink in all the wrong places, you are incredibly condescending and narrow minded towards other people’s life choices.

1. How am i a slacker, 2. You have one tattoo Arni so your judgement really can not be taken serriosly and that one isn’t “great” 3. Just because you don’t agree with the places why does it mean that they are in the wrong places. A lot of cocky people these days.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 131576 wrote:

1. How am i a slacker, 2. You have one tattoo Arni so your judgement really can not be taken serriosly and that one isn’t “great” 3. Just because you don’t agree with the places why does it mean that they are in the wrong places. A lot of cocky people these days.

So we have just confirmed that you are an English redneck. That’s a start!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Good job, boys. A valid thread about a piercing has devolved to an internet pissing contest.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 131576 wrote:

1. How am i a slacker

By your own admission, you have always been and still are a slacker, skating by life without any real problems, never taking responsibility for anything or even trying.

@Wardy 131576 wrote:

2. You have one tattoo Arni so your judgement really can not be taken serriosly and that one isn’t “great”

I love how people go to this “you only have one tattoo, and it’s not even good, so you’re not worth listening to” happy place of theirs. Who’s the tattoo snob now?

I haven’t really responded much to these kinds of posts, but because it’s you my dear Wardy I am going to:
    My tattoo was a test. A “cheap” test (if you can call ยฃ200 cheap) to see if I could even handle getting tattooed. It may be small, but it’s exactly how *I* designed and envisioned it. It even has built-in flaws in the linework, so you can’t even the linework is bad ๐Ÿ˜€ The shading is decent enough, and far better than many apprentice pieces out there, but the main thing is that it’s perfect for ME and that’s really all that matters. Although my tastes have evolved greatly since finding this forum and seeing all the incredible art out there, I still wouldn’t ‘fix’ my piece. It is as it is, and will be a reminder from here on out.

As for my only having one piece meaning that I can’t have opinions? You mean, for example, that because I can’t draw worth shit, I am incapable of having an opinion on the paintings of the great masters? Or indeed am even incapable of enjoying any art? News flash Wardy…. it doesn’t work like that.

@Wardy 131576 wrote:

3. Just because you don’t agree with the places why does it mean that they are in the wrong places. A lot of cocky people these days.

I am sorry that things may have gotten messed up in translation, but I thought you knew that I don’t give a rat’s ass where you put your ink. It’s SOCIETY that calls your ink wrong, and that is a path you have willingly chosen for yourself. All the power to you for doing what you want.
    I am just amazed that you would choose to get yourself socially ‘forbidden’ tattoos and then come in here and criticize other peoples’ life choices just because they don’t fit YOUR standard. Hypocrite, you are.

@GrayCatLove 131581 wrote:

Good job, boys. A valid thread about a piercing has devolved to an internet pissing contest.

Apologies, but I do not take kindly to people in here shitting on other people’s lifestyle choices. The tattoo and piercing society is, by it’s very nature, still very much an “outsider” society. If people can’t be “outsiders” in peace among other “outsiders”, then where can they?

Things may be changing for the better, but dreadfully slowly. We don’t need any efforts of acceptance being thwarted by “our own people”.

The OP is brave. Indeed he’s far braver than many others of similar mind, because he openly dresses “funny” and even uses makeup, which is so stereotypically wrong on many levels. There really is no difference between being a closet-goth or a closet-homosexual or indeed a closet-anythingatall. Those that ‘come out’ and look, act and live their true identities are to be applauded.. not ridiculed.

Such is the way of acceptance and such is the way of unity. I would have hoped that a tattooing community would be all for that.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@ArniVidar 131596 wrote:

Apologies, but I do not take kindly to people in here shitting on other people’s lifestyle choices. The tattoo and piercing society is, by it’s very nature, still very much an “outsider” society. If people can’t be “outsiders” in peace among other “outsiders”, then where can they?

Things may be changing for the better, but dreadfully slowly. We don’t need any efforts of acceptance being thwarted by “our own people”.

The OP is brave. Indeed he’s far braver than many others of similar mind, because he openly dresses “funny” and even uses makeup, which is so stereotypically wrong on many levels. There really is no difference between being a closet-goth or a closet-homosexual or indeed a closet-anythingatall. Those that ‘come out’ and look, act and live their true identities are to be applauded.. not ridiculed.

Such is the way of acceptance and such is the way of unity. I would have hoped that a tattooing community would be all for that.

No apology necessary. This isn’t a place where judgment is needed about someone’s character/sexuality/whatever. I suspect the OP is smarter than the rest of us and probably can decipher who does and doesn’t have good judgment around these parts.

On a side note, I really like the freedom on this forum to express any idiotic opinion, and not be moderated to death. This thread is a testament to it.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@ArniVidar 131596 wrote:

I do not take kindly to people in here shitting on other people’s lifestyle choices. The tattoo and piercing society is, by it’s very nature, still very much an “outsider” society. If people can’t be “outsiders” in peace among other “outsiders”, then where can they?

Arni, These thoughts and the way you expressed them say much. Thank you.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@GrayCatLove 131600 wrote:

On a side note, I really like the freedom on this forum to express any idiotic opinion, and not be moderated to death. This thread is a testament to it.

Idiotic opinions are always welcomed, as long as you expect and accept idiotic replies ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’ve tried to follow the path laid before me by Sherav and Turbo and the others, to not ‘over’moderate. I’ve tried to only kick out people that are spamming or have a rudeness/obnoxiousness factor above normal tolerance levels, I’ve tried to keep multiple-post threads managed to single-post threads, and otherwise just let the forum moderate it self. The regulars in here do a good job of defending themselves when the need arises, so I’ve tried to keep out of such things unless someone expressly reports something.

@Sam-I-Am 131603 wrote:

Arni, These thoughts and the way you expressed them say much. Thank you.

No.. thank you

fnoperi
    Participant
    @fnoperi

@Wardy 131490 wrote:

Your a guy…. Your asking will it look girly…… BUT YOUR FUCKING WEARING EYELINER.

Fucking hell what is this world coming to.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment ๐Ÿ™‚
    I love you too ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.