Demented_Thoughts
Participant
@demented_thoughts

So i’ve had my left side labret pierced for almost 2weeks (Tuesday makes 2 weeks) and i have went back to my piercer on friday to get it changed to a shorter bar because the long one was just to long after the swelling went down.So now i have a 1/2″ Labret stud in my lip atm and today it seems to be indenting in my lip on the inside. It doesn’t hurt and the skin isn’t growing over it. Is this normal? Is it because i changed the bar and it needs to settle down again? the bar is titanium just like the 1st one (They only use and sell titanium jewelry). Other than that everything is fine. I clean it twice a day and everything i’m suppose to do. I don’t know the next size up from a 1/2″ but i’m thinking it’s the long one like the 1st one i had in. Also i have naturally thick lips.

I know when it heals i want to change it to a ring so i’m wondering if i can change it out for a ring after 4 weeks or to wait longer. Would there be any problems with changing it from a stud to a ring? I’m wondering this because i plan on wearing mostly rings in it.

If i could get it changed to a snug horseshoe ring i would because not sure if ill find the right size labret bar. When i had my center labret it was hard as he// to find the labret stud in the right size so i retired it (this was before i knew about CBRs and BCRs and such)

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Not sure if it’s normal, but it’s good! 🙂

Piercings heal from the outside in, so even though it may look and feel good after four weeks, I’d wait another four before I put a ring in. You want this to last and feel good!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes piercings can have a lot of inner healing so best not to rush them a good 6-8 weeks is needed before you swap them out for another bar or ring.

If you do ring remember to have some weekly maintenance on it and give it a good clean in alcohol as it will be in constant contact with your skin and the environment.

As long as no discolouration or leaking you should be fine.

You can also get jewellery custom made to fit as some ppl prefer shorter or longer bars etc.

Take care
Matthew

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi
Sherav;110295 wrote:
Hi

If you do ring remember to have some weekly maintenance on it and give it a good clean in alcohol as it will be in constant contact with your skin and the environment.

I have to disagree, completely, with Matthew. I would never use any form of alcohol on a piercing. It is detrimental to the healing process. They may kill the bacteria, but it also kills the newly forming cells. Better to use non-iodized sea salt and make your own sea salt soak and clean it 2 times a day. If you don’t want to or don’t have the time, H2Ocean is a premade sea salt solution that you can buy from some piercers and at Hot Topic stores. Make sure to heat up your solution to have the best effect. Here is a link to great aftercare for piercings.

http://havenbodyarts.com/Piercing-General-Aftercare-Haven-Body-Arts-Northampton-Ma.html

I’d also advise you to wait til the piercing is at least 8-12 weeks old, at the earliest, to switch to a ring. They take a lot more movement, bumps and knocks so it’s even better to wait 16 weeks if you can. Your piercing will thank you, Good luck!

Demented_Thoughts
Participant
@demented_thoughts

Well i have left the stud in for 3 days after this post and it began to dig into my lip like cutting it a bit and started giving me a white bump. I went to my piercer and she herself swapped me for a ring and said it would be better. I asked why and she said because she didn’t have any longer bars there and would take some days to get there from shipping and it was cutting so she didn’t want to risk it.

It’s been about 3 days now and the bump is going away. My lip was swollen for a couple of days but they puffyness is going down rapidly. I’m guessing this is because it went from being straight to being curved and that put stress on it. I SSS 3 times a day to baby it and wash it after i eat with water and sometimes mouthwash. It’s 3 weeks old now so i laid off mouthwash alot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.