winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I got my snakebites done on Tuesday and I’m not sure if they’re infected or not. They have a circle of what seems like a scab around it and I need it healed up by Monday…any ideas what it is or what I can do to get rid of it?
All help wouldd be appreciated.
Thanks

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Did you really expect your piercing to heal in less than a week?
Stop touching then with your fingers and clean them three or four times a day with dissolved rock salt.
Do not use table salt its full of dirt.
You might at least get rid of the scabs by Monday.
Good luck.

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I didn’t expect it to fully heal in under a week but I thought it was worth a try.

The scabs have pretty much gone now but I still have no idea what they were. I was told by someone in London that they looked like chemical burns but no chemicals have gone near my face and my partner is well versed on all types of chemical burns and he said that they weren’t chemical related. What can cause weird scabbing?

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

There is no way a piercing can heal in a week. I get cat scratches at work that take a week to heal. That being said, the scabbing is part of the healing. What are you using to clean it? What type of jewelry is in it? Is the scabbing blood or is it yellow or clear? Use 1/8tsp of non-iodized sea salt mixed with 200ml of boiled water (let it cool of course) and then soak each of the piercings. Tiger is right, stop touching it. Ever. It will take a minimum of at least 7-8 weeks to heal. I have a feeling you wanted them to heal in a week so that you could be able to take them out. Even if it’s not, don’t take them out and prepare better next time. Good luck!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I was hoping they’d heal enough so I could swap them for clear bars but I ended up realising that that wasn’t possible ๐Ÿ˜›

I’m just using salt water or antiseptic spray on it and they look so much better than they did 2 days ago or even yesterday!

I really should have prepared better but oh well that’s my own fault and no-one elses.

The scabs are like a redish colour but they turn into flaky skin and fall off. It’s just odd because I’ve never had anything like this before and I’ve had quite a few piercings

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Please make sure not to use normal table salt. You really should use rock salt or sea salt because it is much cleaner.
Good luck with your piercings and well done you for taking the time to reply to the advice given and update us.

winged_angel
Participant
@winged_angel

I’ll keep it clean and hopefully it’ll heal up quickly and look amazing in a months time ๐Ÿ˜›

Thanks for all your help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.