Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Why is it that when it comes to a man getting a genital piercing the price jumps like 50$.

I had my scrotum pierced years back but had to remove it due to an extended stay at the crowbar motel and would like to get it redone but when I mention what I want the price jumps way higher then what I originally payed. You dont see tattoo artist saying “well since you want it in the pubic area or on your arse its gonna cost you this much more. 😡

S.Neill
Participant
@s-neill

Actually you do. Price jumps for tattooing that is. Its kinda like this, people don’t want to touch your junk, so if they are gonna do it they are gonna get paid to do it. I’m a guy, so messing around a gals crotch doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but I’m still messing around a gal’s crotch and I’m doing it professionally, not sexually. I do tattooing and piercing and as a pro I’ve learned that every person is a canvas. When I sit down to work, that is it, they are a canvas, but it is still uncomfortable working in certain areas. I’ll do it, but it costs more.

Now with guys its different. Call me what you want but I don’t want anything to do with a guys junk. Period. I’ve told my wife that if she wants to do genital piercings on guys she’s free to do them, but I won’t. So far she has refused, simply because she isn’t comfortable doing it. Some people don’t care and will do either, or, but I’m not one of them.

In the penis there is a major vein and if you pierce wrong your not gonna be happy, in women there is a chance of permanant sensation loss if done wrong. I think I’d pay more to insure it was done right, by someone comfortable with doing it.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Point well made Sir I just have issues with it being , in the general rage, $50 more then when I originally had it done. And its not like its going threw the penis where you have to worry about hitting that vein and jacking someones world up. And I fully agree with you on the point of if your not comfortable piercing a man or woman in that area just dont do it but almost doubling the price is kinda ridiculous if you ask me .

Jlin
Participant
@jlin

No one is forcing you to get your junk pierced. If you’re no happy with the price, don’t do it.
I think it’s perfectly understandable that professional piercers charge a premium for certain areas.
Also, if you originally had it done “years back”, have you considered that prices may generally have gone up?
I’d rather pay more and get a quality job. Not that I would ever get a piercing in an intimate area, but to each their own.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.