BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

So I’m looking for some PERSONAL info from others who HAD their ears stretched to atleast 00g [9.2mm for people using Metric] or bigger and decided to LET THEM SHRINK. I was thinking of piercing my ears and eventually stretching them— but nothing bigger than 1/2 inch [12.7mm for people using Metric]

I work as an EMT on the ambulance, and after this semester I will be taking paramedic classes to further my education in the emergency medical services to help my get a job as a career firefighter. So I don’t want to ruin my professional image when I am working.

I am Looking for:
-Personal input
-Why you let them shrink
-Pictures
-Etc

So please don’t respond if you “think” you know what you’re talking about. I’m looking for personal information from people who have/had them done.

Thanks, Bikerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[P.S…. if my sizes are off in Metric I appologize. I suck at math, and spelling…lol]

Major Vagabond
Participant
@major-vagabond

It really depends on your body’s healing ability and the length of time you have had them in. Right now I have 1/2” in, but I’ve shrunk twice in my stretching career and gone up to 3/4”. The first time I shrunk I had gone to 00, and I let them back down to about 6s. They looked fine then, and I’m sure they would have gone down further, but I decided to go back up. That was having them in for roughly six months at that size. The second time, I had just gone up to 1/2”, and they went down to 2s in the course of three or four months. At that point, I’d had the 7/16” in for about a year right before going up. Now, for me, my ears will never go back all the way. I’ve now had 1/2” for about six months.

So.

From 18 – 00 took me ~ a year
Shrink time to 6 ~ month or two
From 6 – 1/2s ~ two months
Shrink time to 2s ~ three or four months
From 2s to 3/4s ~ three or four months
*Definitely take stretching slow, blowouts are not fun, healthy, or pretty. The only reason there’s such quick timing on some of those is because once you start, the flesh becomes more flexible and it’s easier to bring back up.

I had a friend who went from 1/2s she had in for a year and a half go down to some decent looking 8s, but mind you the lines and stretchmarks are always going to be noticeable. Generally, the longer you have them, the longer it’s going to take and the worse the results when you decide to shrink. A year is about the limit for indecision. 00 tends to be the maximum for people who decide to try and go back to 18s. Stretching up right before you shrink tends to speed up the shrinking process, and every time they slow, try going up again. Oil, especially emu, helps heal the tissue if you have any scarring, which definitely hinders, or even makes impossible, shrinking.

So if there’s anything else, let me know.

Photo2-3.jpg
These are the 1/2s I’m currently at. They look smaller, but they’re 1/2s. Baltic amber… man I love these plugs.
Sorry about the shitty pic. That’s what you get for owning a mac.

Major Vagabond
Participant
@major-vagabond

Last thing – kolopiercing.com offers some great looking silicone flesh colored plugs (cheap too!). It depends on your body, but 7/16s tend to look normal when you fill them with these. Personally I hate wearing anything other then wood, bone, or stone, but they’re great to have when you need to look a bit more polished.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Thanks!

Still looking for others input

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Ok, here is what I think even though I’ve never had piercings

Haha… Nevermind

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

……………………………………………………………………

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

I’m only looking for PERSONAL input from those who have/had stretched ears.

Not looking for 3rd party info, or looking to help others boost their post count by posting useless posts.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Then dont post your rubbish on my threads, only trying to help but your rude again nevermind.

bubsymunster
Participant
@bubsymunster

If you are wanting to stretch your ears and then take them out at a later stage for your career so they can close up completely or atleast small enough for standard jewellery you don’t want to go past 8 to 10mm maximum as once you have passed that size it is less likely for it to close up completely or to the standard jewllery suze which is 14g (1.6mm).

Basically the more you stretch, the more elasticity in your lobes will wear down and the harder it is for them to close up. All this also depends on how well you stretch your ears, if you do it properly, stretching every 2 to 3 months depending on your body, at never more then 2mm jumps at a time your more likely to sustain good elasticity in your ears making it alot easier for your ears to shrink and/or close.

hope this helps. 🙂

Stu
Participant
@stu

I had mine stretched to 25mm iirc and gradually shrunk them with smaller plugs but ensured they were lightweight so no weight stretching. They’re at about 6mm now and can only just see through them with nothing in. The 12mm hole has closed to normal size. All this was done over about 12 months + and still haven’t worn anything for 3 years

Rushmore
Participant
@rushmore

I had 8mm stretch when i was back in college.. ( about 16 )

I’m now 25 and still have a hole there. although it did shrink, it doesn’t look like a normal pierced hole. More like a wrinkled arse hole..

I regret doing it. As it just looks stupid now…

Major Vagabond
Participant
@major-vagabond

the standard needle gauge is 18g for lobes, 22g for nostrils. just fyi. 16g, maybe. but not 14g. standard posts are 18g.

bubsymunster
Participant
@bubsymunster
Major Vagabond;57162 wrote:
the standard needle gauge is 18g for lobes, 22g for nostrils. just fyi. 16g, maybe. but not 14g. standard posts are 18g.

18g? Are you serious? I am refering to INITIAL jewellery here.

Who in their right mind told you those where the initial sizes?

For lobes 16g is the absolute smallest gauge you should use for initial jewellery and 18g for nostrils at its absolute least. But the world standard is
14g for any initial piercings excluding genitals which is 12g at least and nostirls which is 18g at least; used as the initial piece. The APP will concur.

taffupatree
Participant
@taffupatree

Have had my ears stretched for over ten years. Went up to 26mm and had them that size for around 5yrs. Decided i wanted them smaller so took them out. After about six months i decided to see what size they were. They were at around 12-14mm. As others have commented they do not look natural when you take em out. kinda like a puckered butt hole lol. I still have them but there only bout 18mm now though

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

i had my ears stretched to 00’s, and i had to get them sewn shut. after 3 months of waiting, the holes where still not any smaller, so i went and saw a plastic surgeon who closed them right up. you can hardly even tell i ever had gauges.

it took me about 6 months to get them up to 00. I did another step up every week to 2 weeks, with plenty of vaseline on the tapers. as for getting them closed, that was a pain in the ass.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.