MeganS
Participant
@megans

Got my tragus pierced today and a double helix (so pleased with them!) just wondered about the tragus if its a piercing that would rip out easily? Seems like quite a delicate little place.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Congrats! Those were my favorite to do on my apprenticeship, but I haven’t had anyone come in for a tragus in a while.

And no, lol, you’re good as long as you don’t plan on getting into any contact sports.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

got pics ?

Baarz
Participant
@baarz

I got my tragus pierced for the second time yesterday. I was fairly rough with my first one and it held up fine. One time I was riding a street spot with my friend and I failed a 360 down a 12 stair. I slid along the ground on the left hand side of my face (same side as my tragus piercing). When I got up the ring through my tragus was all scratched and horrible looking but my tragus was fine and didn’t hurt at all.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

What’s a double helix? (Piercing newb here :))

Baarz
Participant
@baarz
Joker1;54885 wrote:

It’s a helix that has been done twice :P.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
Joker1;54885 wrote:

It’s the top part of your cartilage, that has a CBR around the cartlige. Some people also refer to it as a rim piercing. And the double part just means there are two separate piercings.

MeganS
Participant
@megans

heres a photo of them ๐Ÿ˜€ excuse the poor quality, used my phone Image1.gif

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I thought tragus was the top of your nose, between your eyes. Man, I know nothing about piercings!

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
Joker1;54921 wrote:
I thought tragus was the top of your nose, between your eyes. Man, I know nothing about piercings!

Just called a “bridge” piercing.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
MeganS;54917 wrote:
heres a photo of them ๐Ÿ˜€ excuse the poor quality, used my phone Image1.gif

Ohh interesting you went with a stud. Most people want a CBR

MeganS
Participant
@megans
BIKERinBLACK77;54936 wrote:
Ohh interesting you went with a stud. Most people want a CBR

Yeah well I didn’t actually intent to get two done, but I had one put in then decided later on that two would look good ha, I’m happy with it though. But I have to admit it’s a real pain to sleep with now as it’s a bit tender, and I keep catching them when I’m brushing my hair etc. Nevermind, sure I’ll get used to it ๐Ÿ™‚

Major Vagabond
Participant
@major-vagabond

I’m actually really glad you posted those pics, I’m getting nearly the identical thing done in the next few weeks. (If my paycheck permits… which it won’t. So in my pipe dream anyway.) Both tragus, and a triple helix. I’m probably going to end up getting helix spaced a little farther and with cbr though.

Yours are really good looking though, thinking about adding anything else?

brittx3
Participant
@brittx3
MeganS;54827 wrote:
Got my tragus pierced today and a double helix (so pleased with them!) just wondered about the tragus if its a piercing that would rip out easily? Seems like quite a delicate little place.

I just took my tragus out. It was one of my favorite piercings. I wouldnt say they get ripped out easily unless u do extreme things where u feel it would be ripped out. But when i had mine i developed this huge red bump and i took it becuz i didnt want it to get infected but a lot of people told me that when that happens u just keep it in and it goes away. idk if thats helpful.

hope you enjoy your piercings ๐Ÿ˜€

MeganS
Participant
@megans

Major Vagabond- thanks ๐Ÿ™‚ well i’ve been thinking about a little lip piercing for a while but as it’s a facial piercing i’m not sure..
brittx3- yeah thats kind of happening to mine but i went back to the piercer and she explained it all, it’s perfectly normal and can take up to 8 months to fully sort itself out ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.