simen
Participant
@simen

Hey everyone

I’m a complete noob, I hope this is the right place to ask this! I haven’t yet gotten a tattoo, but I’ve thought about it for years, and while on facebook the other week, a post came up in my feed from a band i follow,

By this dude > https://www.facebook.com/JesseLevittTattoo

Video of full sleeve work, like the eye and everything looks awesome

I’ve never seen anything like it.. I’ve been on the fence of getting one for years, but when I saw that I was just convinced to do so, the depth and detail of his work is insane it almost looks 3D.

But the problem is, I hail from the UK.. (Are there UK people here?) I’d love to go to the states and get this guy to personally draw on me.. But that would be insanely expensive, as I’d imagine it would be several sessions (I’m assuming?). I was wondering if anyone here could recommend someone UK based that has a similar eye and imagination that this dude has? Skulls, tentacles, bone, scales, Lovecraftian, etc really.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I checked out Jesse’s work. It turns out we have several mutual friends on Facebook.
Although it’s not a style I would choose, his work looks fine.

The first step in getting a great tattoo is finding the artist that can do it. I don’t know any artists in the UK.

Keep us posted.

simen
Participant
@simen

Thanks! Yeah a friend of mine runs a place, and his artists are great but haven’t really done much of this type of work, or at least not in this style.

That’s no problem, I wasn’t sure if many people from the UK frequent this site as it’s a .com but it’s certainly the most active, so fingers crossed!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Hi Simen, welcome.

None of the artists that immediately popped into my mind that excel at that style are in Britain. But Jesse travels a lot, email and ask if he’s coming over. He would be worth waiting for. Travis Greenough has a similiar style, and he does European shows sometimes.

I’m sure that someone here will be able to suggest an artist a little closer to you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome
Check out Jason Butcher
Joe Carpenter
Thomas Pollard
Are a few is there a particular area that you are in? The UK is loaded with talented tattooist

simen
Participant
@simen

Hey buttwheat! Thanks for posting these guys I’ll check them out now.

Well I’m in the Bristol area (south west of UK) but I don’t mind travelling for the right one. But I wouldn’t really know where to start on finding these guys, so appreciate the help!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Hi! Bristol is only a couple of hours from me, i live in Farnborough in Hampshire. There is an amazing artist called Jakub Hendrix who works at a shop Called inkpire in Basingstoke. He is an incredibly talented 3d enthusiast artist (and someone i hope will be doing my back pieve for me) his realism and his colourwork is just spectacular. I cant see the links or pictures you posted because im on a restricted work pc but i heard realistic, 3d and south uk and thought i would offer my two cents! look him up on instagram at @Jakubhendrix and see what you think. hes not a well known artist (yet) to anyone thats not around this kind of area so his prices are still decent and waiting list not too ridiculous last i heard! let me know how you get on!

simen
Participant
@simen

Thats great kittykat! Thanks for the suggestion I’ll take a peak when I can. Ah, you’re missing out on the images ๐Ÿ˜‰ check them out when you’re not in work, although.. might not be your taste.. they’re kind of morbid in a way, not in an offensive way.. just.. unusual I guess.

The guys above are super talented but can’t see any examples of what I’m after ๐Ÿ™

I’ll check him out though as that’s pretty close to me! thanks!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

any time bro! if i get a chance to look at the pics and it reminds me of any other local artists ill give you a shout

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.