stav90
Participant
@stav90

@IRONMONGR 143398 wrote:

Hey there I just about two days ago got a tattoo and what I thought to be a simple tattoo apparently ended up being a total disaster but I’d like to know some other tat enthusiasts opinion OK so this cost me $200 but at the same time my friend got her amazing tattoo for the same price and much larger anyways here they are all opinions welcome so what do you all think?

http://s8.postimg.org/memj3edud/CYMERA_20150320_025344.jpg

Hey man. Thats a really bad tattoo dude. But who is to blame? The crappy tattoo artist who pretends to be a professional, or you, who just went in a random tattoo shop and requested a tattoo without any research on the artist whatsoever? You are both equally to blame here, but come on bro if you just checked out his portfolio you would know that you shouldnt have gone to him for anything…
Im not trying to be an asshole, its just sad that you lost 200 dollars and you got a really bad tattoo when you could have easily avoided it, thats all…

I would say you have to do a cover up which is probably going to be a lot bigger and a lot more expensive. But when you do go for a cover up, PLEASE research the artist. You dont want a good artist, you need a great one so put up with their waiting list for your own good. I have seen some pretty bad cover ups of other shitty tattoos and thats the worst case scenario for anyone.
You dont want a tattoo that looks okay, you want a tattoo that you see everyday and say fuck yea thats nice. And to be proud of it for life.

Anyway, you learned from that mistake so hopefully you go a lot more prepared for your next tattoo. And be prepared to pay like 500 dollars or more because thats around the price of a properly good tattoo. But dont just ask for their price, ask for their portfolio and make sure you say wow when you open it.

Tattoos are not just fashion. Your body is a canvas and every artist is different so find the type of art that each artist is specialized in and go with the right one. Some are specialized in cartoons, some in old school traditional, some in colour, some in realism, some in black and gray. There are very few artists who are perfect in all areas and they are usually booked until they die. So you choose the type of art you like, you go to the artist who specializes in that art, and give him or her your canvas. You will pay for a piece of their art and you will have it forever. So respect the genre of art, respect the artist and respect your body.

Good luck bro. 🙂

MarvelAvengers
Participant
@marvelavengers

I think I would say it’s a decent tattoo of a really bad design choice. The artist should have pointed that out.

Amok
Participant
@amok

@MarvelAvengers 143651 wrote:

I think I would say it’s a decent tattoo of a really bad design choice. The artist should have pointed that out.

Both the design and the actual tattoo are really bad, especially the tattoo!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.