gnarfo14
    Participant
    @gnarfo14

UPDATE! Sorry for the long silence. Things got busy for the end of the school year. I had my first session with Paris two days ago. It ended up a bit larger than I had originally intended but I always said, if I’m going to do it I might as well go for it! Thursday’s session was just under 4 hours. He got all of the line line work and basic coloring done. We didn’t get a picture before the Saniderm was put on but I’m going to try and get a couple tonight and will try and get them posted in a day or two.

BTW, has anyone ever used Saniderm for aftercare before? It seems to be the best thing since sliced bread. It’s along the lines of saran wrap but you change it once after 24 hours and leave the second piece on for 5 days without changing it. Showers and baths are supposedly fine but I’m not going to chance it with a bath. My only concern is infection. Not really worried, I had just never heard of the stuff before. It seems to be doing well, no worries about changing bandages and using right/wrong lotions/potions, no sticking to clothes, etc.

Anyway, I’m loving the piece even though we still have a ways to go. I’ll be interested to see what you guys think! Pictures coming soon…

Prone to Wander
    Participant
    @prone-to-wander

Let’s see those pictures!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@gnarfo14 128672 wrote:

UPDATE! Sorry for the long silence. Things got busy for the end of the school year. I had my first session with Paris two days ago. It ended up a bit larger than I had originally intended but I always said, if I’m going to do it I might as well go for it! Thursday’s session was just under 4 hours. He got all of the line line work and basic coloring done. We didn’t get a picture before the Saniderm was put on but I’m going to try and get a couple tonight and will try and get them posted in a day or two.

BTW, has anyone ever used Saniderm for aftercare before? It seems to be the best thing since sliced bread. It’s along the lines of saran wrap but you change it once after 24 hours and leave the second piece on for 5 days without changing it. Showers and baths are supposedly fine but I’m not going to chance it with a bath. My only concern is infection. Not really worried, I had just never heard of the stuff before. It seems to be doing well, no worries about changing bandages and using right/wrong lotions/potions, no sticking to clothes, etc.

Anyway, I’m loving the piece even though we still have a ways to go. I’ll be interested to see what you guys think! Pictures coming soon…

Five days seems like a really long time, but it may work. I’m not familiar with the product.
    Good luck, I’m waiting to hear how it turns out.

gnarfo14
    Participant
    @gnarfo14

So I took the Saniderm off two days ago and there was very little to no scabbing at all. Good stuff. I’m still peeling a little but just like a very light sunburn, not big hunks like I’ve seen before. Anyway, here are a few pics. We still have a ways to go for detailing and such. Let me know what you think! (like I have to ask)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

It’s looking good already, can’t wait to see it finished. 😎

I am guessing that you are pretty pleased with it. Enjoy.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Looks good!

The trunk is twisted like a Joshua Tree growing through a lava field.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.