brandon4454
Participant
@brandon4454

I’m 26 and planning on getting my first tattoo. I want it to be on my side either horizontally (a bit under my moob) or going down vertically. The word I want is the 6 letter russian word pravda in cyrillic. (The largest word at the top left of the paper in the following link).I’d also like use this font.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1440&bih=756&tbm=isch&tbnid=QGMCwpmJxRgfMM:&imgrefurl=http://bloggingblue.com/2011/12/28/fox-river-pravda/&docid=czyep2cuRLvPDM&imgurl=http://bloggingblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Pravda.jpg&w=468&h=326&ei=HXQnT_WTDIXS2gXe-o3tAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=181&vpy=203&dur=658&hovh=187&hovw=269&tx=187&ty=69&sig=108934948466615115435&page=1&tbnh=132&tbnw=190&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Ok now for the questions. Would you recommend getting it done vertically or horizonally? I’ve been leaning towards horizontally but haven’t seen many others with one like it so I didn’t know if there is a reason why. I would like it really thick lines being around 1 mm thick. Also I don’t think it takes the best tattoo artist to do the work since its just lettering. Where should I begin looking for artists here in GA who could do a good job with it.

Thanks for the help!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’m not a fan of text tattoos, but I think they look better when done this way:

Women-Rib-TattooWomen-Rib-Tattoo-Quote.jpg

You’ve got plenty of good shops down there, but sure someone at All or Nothing or Psycho Tattoo can handle this for you.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you do need a good artists, text is easily fucked up as anyone can tellyou who visits bad tattoo threads,

you best bet Vince Villalvazo at Mystic Owl Tattoo in Marietta………….he recently opended his own shop, he worked for Brandon Bond at All or Nothing one of the finest studios on the planet. Vince is very talented, he has been featured in 3 magazines in the last 60 days, hes won some tattoo of the day trophies in his recent travels, hit him up

other good bets,
Chris Vennekamp Lucky Draw,
Russ Abbott and crew at Ink and Dagger
Matt Dunlap or Dave Tedder at All or Nothing

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Post picture’s when it’s done.:)

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i got text on my right side that come just under my breast and i got mine horizontally. i considered vertically but in the end just didnt look right and for on word like yours i would probably leave it horizontally too to stop it looking like some cheap kanji tattoo 🙂 just my 2 cents x

brandon4454
Participant
@brandon4454

thank you all for the comments. I’ve heard both things vertical and horizonal. I’m probably still going to get it horizontal with input from my artist. Thank you for the recommendation about Vince Villalvazo. I had a friend recommend Jason Monroe at Ink and Dagger. he specializes in lettering. Thanks I’ll post pics when i get it done. Still will be a couple weeks. I’m gonna wait til a friend is in town to get it. Thanks again!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Jason is ok, I am tattooed by Russ Abbott the shops owner, very nice shop, if you are looking to get tattooed by an up and coming star Les Collier the new addition to Ink and Dagger is VERY good, I plan on collecting a piece from him

Amok
Participant
@amok
mrchen;107394 wrote:
Jason is ok, I am tattooed by Russ Abbott the shops owner, very nice shop, if you are looking to get tattooed by an up and coming star Les Collier the new addition to Ink and Dagger is VERY good, I plan on collecting a piece from him

Surely you’re out of room now…? Buttcheeks?

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum. 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Amok, Vince Villavazo is doing a raven bust in my middle back sunday, between the existing 5 pieces, Sean Herman of Royal Street Tattoo has me in October for snake gazing on glowing apple on my left hip, side butt, side thigh,
my other thigh, hip is open, my neck and hands arent inked but I really cant in my business, gotta be able to hide for meetings with new business clients, no other large spaces left, all small filler from there on

I will do little filler stuff, flaming eye ball, straight razor, lightnining down my left shin, stars and sky down my right, and more…………one day there will be nothing left but re-coloring

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.