Feeq
Participant
@feeq

New to the forums and have been browsing for tattoo ideas, dunno how I’m gonna ask my parents or even bring up the subject because my dad has one he regrets. But I want a symbolic one that represents who I am and I want one to tribute the hard life my dad has had and the struggles he’s been in.

THANKS 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey and welcome to the forum! You just need to do what you need to do regarding your tattoo. I don’t know how old you are, but once you are old enough and ready for your tattoo, just go ahead and talk it over with them. Just because your dad has one he regrets doesn’t mean you will also regret yours. I’m sure he will understand your desire for a tattoo and one with such deep meaning. He will probably realize what a terrific tribute it is to him and be quite honored! Don’t worry! :):):)

Feeq
Participant
@feeq

I’m only 15 hence the reason my parents would freak if I brought up the idea. I’m sure I could get it illegaly done anyways 😛

Amok
Participant
@amok

Wait until you’re 18, if you get one now illegally it will be from someone who can’t give you a good tattoo (ie ex-prison tattooist in his garage). You will regret that for sure.

Feeq
Participant
@feeq

I agree Amok, also I have a few ideas on what I want.

Since I want something that will represent my dad and something I can always look at and now it was for him. I was thinking a symbol for strength, dedication, hard work and perseverance. His tattoo is a viking so I wasn’t sure weather to get a viking in remembrance and for the listed attributes he has or not.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Well you’ve got 3 years to think of an idea. You could look at booking an artist when you’re 17 as some of them have long waiting lists. Good opportunity to get tattooed by one of the best in the world.

hege
Participant
@hege

hi there and welcome to forum. im 17 and i have 7 tattoos, so just go for it, you live once.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
hege;98746 wrote:
hi there and welcome to forum. im 17 and i have 7 tattoos, so just go for it, you live once.

… and you only get one set of skin. It’s a lot easier to get it done right the first time than it is to laser off or cover up bad ink.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Anything i say about this thread wil get me banned so i wont say anything except, yaaaay! Youre awesome!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Welcome to the forum,

I agree 15 year old doesnt need to get tattooed, 17 year old doesnt either, you havent matured yet as a man, the man you will become in the next 8 years or so is different from who you are now, wait, otherwise you will wear something you regret,

if a 17 year old has some pics to post up, Id like to see them, Im 48 years old and the only ink I ever saw on a 15 or 17 year old was shit

But dont feel bad, grown ups do it too, I was told that if I had a great tattoo idea to wait 6 months and see if it was still a good idea……………..you know what……….half the time after 6 months you would not get that piece tattooed, why?……….because we are impulsive creatures………tattooes are for freakin ever, not to be done on impulse……..think, plan, think some more, things work out alot better in the long run

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome. Wait until your 18 at least or even better wait until your in your mid 20’s.
Wow the kickass pot leaf tattoos I would have gotten if I had gotten tattoos at 18

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun
buttwheat;98753 wrote:
Welcome. Wait until your 18 at least or even better wait until your in your mid 20’s.

This is good advice. The person I was at 15 was different at 20 and didn’t even resemble the 30 year old version. If you really want to honor your father, listen to him. He regrets his, and as a father there is nothing worse than watching your children make the same mistakes you made. It doesn’t mean you can’t get a tattoo, but take everyone’s advice here, these are very smart people when it comes to tattooing. Find an idea or theme you like, and sit on it while you wait until you are 18. Talk to your dad, tell him this is something you want when you are old enough. Tell him you want to honor him with it. If you show patience and maturity, your father will repsect that. If its just the whims of a teenaged kid who doesn’t listen? Probably will be an issue.

You have time on your side. Plan it out right and you won’t regret it. Good luck with it, and let us know what you decide.

And welcome to the forum!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury
Feeq;98733 wrote:
I’m only 15 hence the reason my parents would freak if I brought up the idea. I’m sure I could get it illegaly done anyways 😛

Wow, only 15! You have plenty of time to plan think about what you want. Take your time and really search for an artist who can deliver. You won’t regret it. It may be hard to restrain yourself right now, but you will be better off in the long run if you wait and do this right! :):):)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
buttwheat;98753 wrote:
Wow the kickass pot leaf tattoos I would have gotten if I had gotten tattoos at 18

If I had gotten tattooed between 17-21, I would have been covered in various drug-related images and probably all sorts of wild psychadelic shit from the massive amount of hallucinogenics I was doing. I imagine I’d be working at an oil change place right about now.

Feeq
Participant
@feeq

Thanks for the advice guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.