carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

I figured i would check things out on here and see what going on, look at other peoples work and probably never post any of mine even though I have been tattooing off and on since 1994. These days I like building machines more than inking people. I like taking stuff apart what can i say? Im a 35 year old auto mechanic not a tattoo artist. i found I was to anti social to deal with clients and walk ins on any kind of regular basis since I never enjoyed tattooing people I didn’t know or like so the business wasn’t form me. anyways just trolling

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

ok I lied, in my albums is work i have done and art work of mine as well. I know I suck So its okay say what you will.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hey and welcome to the forum! I’ve only had a quick minute to skim through your album. You obviously have talent and don’t suck! I’m going to take a closer look later today after work. In the meantime, happy trolling! 🙂 🙂 🙂

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky
msmercury;98711 wrote:
Hey and welcome to the forum! I’ve only had a quick minute to skim through your album. You obviously have talent and don’t suck! I’m going to take a closer look later today after work. In the meantime, happy trolling! 🙂 🙂 🙂

well thanks, my lines arent as clean as they should be but I am pretty good at shading. i kinda feel like getting back into the game so your post made me smile. thanks a bunch

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

and you realize your line work is why we encourage everyone to work under an apprenticeship, you really shouldnt tattoo anyone, you cant learn much on your own, being ina shop full of talent pays off, Ive seen a mediocre young artist go from ground zero to getting published in the magazines in 9 months, justgetting to observe set ups and techniques of other artists can take you miles and miles quickly

welcome

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

I actually did apprentice at a shop for a few months. Honestly im not comfortable with modern machines after tattooing 10 YEARS in prison rotary style. I can really get down with a joint set up, but I wont…so im where I am 8 YEARS later. I apprenticed 4 years ago. Im cosidering switching to rotary now. Appreciate the kind words

mrchen;98719 wrote:
and you realize your line work is why we encourage everyone to work under an apprenticeship, you really shouldnt tattoo anyone, you cant learn much on your own, being ina shop full of talent pays off, Ive seen a mediocre young artist go from ground zero to getting published in the magazines in 9 months, justgetting to observe set ups and techniques of other artists can take you miles and miles quickly

welcome

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Stick with cars. We don’t really like scratchers to much here.

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

I figured it wouldnt be long before you chimed in. considering I have some formal training and have taken the blood bourne pathogen course I dont know what to tell you. Everyone starts as a scratcher, most wont admitt it but its true. And considering I Have been at this off n on since 1994 do you think Im going to stick to cars. Did you atleast look at my album?

buttwheat;98722 wrote:
DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I am an example of an apprentice that’s never tattooed before my apprenticeship. I’ve been tattooing people for about 5 months now. Take a look at my progression under a quality mentor and I’ve got tons to work on still. I don’t have anything uploaded in my albums but I do have a thread titled Apprenticeship Tattoos, check it out. I’m not saying you’re terrible but you definitely have room for improvement.

To me tattooing isn’t something to dabble in. You do it a disservice. If it’s not for you as you said, stick to cars. That being said, you do have promise. You just have to get past the customer issue and focus on making clean solid tattoos.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Well, if you did those tats within the first few months of getting started, then you have promise. If, on the other hand, you did them after inking for a couple years, then I’d stick to the cars or dedicate yourself and get another apprenticeship.

btw, I don’t think you have to be particularly good w/ people to be a good tattoo artist. I’ve met a lot of world class artists and others who are on their way and many of them weren’t particularly good w/ people. Sure it’s nice to have a sociable, friendly artist, but keeping your mouth shut will work fine as well.

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

What was posted is from last yea
r on 2 friends who bugged me and bugged me and both knew the deal before I worked on them. Before that I havent tattooed since 05 or 06ish. I have only had a real machine since late 04 and it was junk from superior. Prior to that was 10 years of prison tattoing, single needle electric motor where I was way better at it. The transition has been tough and my friends shop whent under so my chances of another shot at a aprenticship arent good. Ive only worked on close friends who have all wanted more work. I dont see myself tattooing anytime soon.
I will close with this, I have seen far worse work come out of shops by so called pros

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

IMAG1157.jpg

IMAG1164.jpg

IMAG1167.jpg

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1177.jpg

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts
buttwheat;98722 wrote:

was there really any need for that?

it’s not like he’s come on here bragging saying he’s awesome, he knows his limits, and is admitting them, and even if he did start tattooing professionally, you’re not obliged to visit him are you?

is this yet another forum where people have to be so direct it borders on rudeness?

anyway he might be even worse at cars, so tattoos might be the better option (just kidding buddy)

carjunky
Participant
@carjunky

thanks bro just another ex con scratcher gear head. whos tatted more cons than most shop monkeys have tatted in the free world. im not good, but im not horrible, switching to a rotary which is alot more like a prison machine so i expect to make leaps and bounds in no time. door bell machines arent the same lol

hamsternuts;102553 wrote:
was there really any need for that?

it’s not like he’s come on here bragging saying he’s awesome, he knows his limits, and is admitting them, and even if he did start tattooing professionally, you’re not obliged to visit him are you?

is this yet another forum where people have to be so direct it borders on rudeness?

anyway he might be even worse at cars, so tattoos might be the better option (just kidding buddy)

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

there isnt one straight line in the sword heart piece, ROUGH ass line work, your quite a bit out of practice,

anyone who lets you work on them deserves what they get I guess, the work is pure shit, that tattoo is horrible

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.