-David-
Participant
@david-2

Name’s David. Running a one-man shop in Eastern PA for a year or so in a slooooowww business area, so I have time to wander around some forums.
Haven’t been tattooing for very long (few years). Prior to getting an apprenticeship took up machine building to get to know the equipment better. Quite some time ago I was a portrait artist (oil, watercolor or pencil) so I had some understanding of rendering going for me when I started learning to tattoo. Still have a long way to go before my work may be worth bragging about.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome David. I like your drawings a bit more then your tattoos but as you said you’re fairly new to it. But I do like the octopus tattoo.
I really like this:

Keep up the good work and hopefully business will pick up.

-David-
Participant
@david-2

Thanks for checking out the work. The piece you like is actually an old etching I made approx 20 years ago…didn’t get around to printing it until this year. There’s definitely a vast difference between what I can do on paper and what I can accomplish in skin, so I approach every tattoo cautiously. I would currently rate my tattooing as mediocre, but do everything I can to make sure the customer gets something better than they expected. If a request comes in that I feel is beyond my skill, I refer people to a few extremely talented tattooists in the area. Even if I’m turning business away I’d rather at least to be considered ethical

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
-David-;94859 wrote:
If a request comes in that I feel is beyond my skill, I refer people to a few extremely talented tattooists in the area. Even if I’m turning business away I’d rather at least to be considered ethical

That is refreshing

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi David and welcome to the forum. Your artwork is very good! 🙂

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

welcome David! nice work you got there! and hope business picks up for you!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum David. Some nice drawings you have there.

-David-
Participant
@david-2

thank you for the welcomings.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.