Opus
Participant
@opus

Hello,

From Atlantic Canada. I currently have 7 tats and I am looking at going to a full sleeve on my left arm. I’m currently deep into researching pictures and concepts for it (it will be original of course) just looking for things to show my artist as to what style / concept I’m looking for.

The good and the bad is that I have not been able to find anything really like what I want. The good being I know it will be origianl, that bad being I’m not 100% sure it will work the way I picture it in my head and getting examples has been difficult. That’s how I came across this site.

When I’ve gathered enough stuff I’ll go talk to my tattoo guy and see what he says about my concept.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum dude.

good luck on getting your idea together

Opus
Participant
@opus

Thank you. It’ll be worth it in the end.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome.

By origami do you have a particular shape in mind or will it be a series of different styles?

I have seen some tattoos with this kind of style the key thing is to find an artist who can do realistic portraits of both human and animal this will make the folded effect less flat and become more 3d in the tattoo.

The other key thing will be the shadowing and shading to show the folds.

Good luck!

Matthew

livetothefullest
Participant
@livetothefullest

originality is huge in my books, the best advice I have recieved is to go to an artist with your ideas, it is amazing the things they will come up with, good luck!!

Amok
Participant
@amok
Sherav;93580 wrote:
Hi and welcome.

By origami do you have a particular shape in mind or will it be a series of different styles?

I have seen some tattoos with this kind of style the key thing is to find an artist who can do realistic portraits of both human and animal this will make the folded effect less flat and become more 3d in the tattoo.

The other key thing will be the shadowing and shading to show the folds.

Good luck!

Matthew

I thought he said origami too, but now it looks like he just mistyped original?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

🙁

No worries there is a growing trend of origami crane style tats that kinda look nice.

Not to worry.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.