PDizzle
@

Hey folks, nice place you got here.

I’m currently tattless. Always wanted one, never had a reason to get one. Recently my father passed away in an accident and I figure now is the time to get inked for him. He was an avid Nascar fan (we attended the Daytona 500 together this year, he died a month later) He was also a hunter, fisher, poker player. I was thinking of getting a tat along the lines of a Checkered flag and with “Dad” and the dates of his birth and death. But then I got to thinking checkered flags represent the end of the race. I want something to celebrate his living, not death. But i don’t want anything too redneckish lol.

Anybody have any ideas?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

A poker table with cards etc… with a checkerd flag coming off the table 🙂

Adler
Participant
@adler

Welcome to the forum. Take your time with this and let something come to you, you have some good starting points with those elements. I wouldn’t use the birth and death dates, either, as the date of death would be like seeing the checkered flag and make you sad when you see it. Keep it as upbeat as possible to provide good memories not sad ones. I’m not artistic or very creative so I really can’t make specific suggestions but take your time and let something naturally come to you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

What did you and your dad enjoy doing together the most is there something that is real memorable? As Adler said try to avoid the dates and go with a memory. For my dads memorial tattoo that I got I did picture that reminded me of a time fishing with my dad.
Sorry for your loss man.

TopTattooPics
Participant
@toptattoopics

Welcome to the forum. I joined a few months back. Great site and community here

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.