Jaden1138
Participant
@jaden1138

Hi! My name is Kim. I am new to the tattoo thing, I got my first and only one last March. I love it, it is a Jedi Symbol between my shoulder blades, but it has faded already and I need to have it redone. The artist I went to see about it said that the ink was not placed deep enough into my skin so it will be a complete do-over. I am okay with that because I would like to outline it and darken the color anyway. It is bright pink right now and I want it to be burgundy with a black outline. I also would like to get a Superman tattoo on my upper arm with Supergirl colors. I have been ill for a long time with a genetic illness (had my entire large intestine removed) and have mild Bipolar and other issues, and I feel that the Superman tattoo will show off how strong I am. Besides, I love Superman! I probably will not get anymore tats after that one until I lose weight. :rolleyes:

I also love piercings. I have listed them in my signature.

Okay, a little about me…. I am 35, married and I am a devout Christian (YES, Christians can have tattoos and piercings too!). I love Star Wars, Superman, the TV show Fringe (I am an admin on a Fringe forum!) and also NCIS and House and anything Hugh Laurie has ever done. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. Anything you want to know about me, just ask. I love making friends and any advice about the tattoo I need to have redone would be awesome!

Thanks!!!!!!

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here. You may find some of use pretty blunt with our opinions about alot of things in tattooing, mostly because we either have alot of work, or are an actual legit tattoo artist. So try not to take things to personally. Alot of new people fall into that trap 😛

I was wondering where exactly you got your tattoo done. Who was the artist? Was it done in a legitimate shop or someones house? How long has the artist been tattooing? I ask because it seems odd that the artist would fail to put the ink deep enough, which is generally a rookie mistake.

Jaden1138
Participant
@jaden1138

The place was legit and the same artist did a great job on my husband’s second tattoo. I went to another shop where I get my piercings done, and where my husband had his first tattoo done, and asked the artist about it and he told me that it looked like the ink was not placed deeply enough. It could also be that I just absorbed it more easily than I should have. So the artist knew what he was doing….maybe it was just me or maybe he screwed up on me. All I know is I have to redo it. 🙁

Oh, and bluntness is okay, I appreciate straight answers. I am a rookie when it comes to all of this so please excuse any ignorance on my part!

Thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hi and welcome.
I like cheese.

What do you mean by redone? Like a cover up or touching this up?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome.

A reshade on your jedi symbol is not a big job and any experienced artist will work through that in no time.

My only suggestion is that on the right side of the pic the middle side point needs lengthening so it is equal to that on the left. Also to fatten up the top right point so equal thickness to the one on the left. (Unless it is meant to be that way? I am not a Star Wars fan).

Seriously small things to fix.

Take care
Matthew

Jaden1138
Participant
@jaden1138
buttwheat;83685 wrote:
Hi and welcome.
I like cheese.

What do you mean by redone? Like a cover up or touching this up?

The picture s being too kind…it is really uneven and the artist I saw said it would just have to be redone. No cover up, as in changing it but just redoing it entirely.

Jaden1138
Participant
@jaden1138
Sherav;83702 wrote:
Hi and welcome.

A reshade on your jedi symbol is not a big job and any experienced artist will work through that in no time.

My only suggestion is that on the right side of the pic the middle side point needs lengthening so it is equal to that on the left. Also to fatten up the top right point so equal thickness to the one on the left. (Unless it is meant to be that way? I am not a Star Wars fan).

Seriously small things to fix.

Take care
Matthew

Yes, that is what is “lopsided” about it. It is supposed to be symmetrical on both sides. I do want the color adjusted and an outline of black, so that would help a lot. Thanks for the advice!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.