randall93
Participant
@randall93

i have been thinking about getting a family crest tattoo for a while now. at first i wanted it to be a decent size in the middle of my back but now i think that would be a little too much. no one in my immediate family has and tattoo’s or multiple piercings (i guess you could say we’re a bit conservative).

my inspiration:
i have always had a small family and it was boring at times. it wasnt until i took a trip to scotland to visit my extended family that i realized what it means to have a big, close family. the family i have in scotland is on my mothers side, my fathers family can not be traced back much farther than new york haha (his dad was an orphan and his grandmother on his mothers side was as well). anyways i have close ties with my family in scotland and could not think of a better thing to do than get a family crest tattoo.

my question:
where should i get the tattoo?
i want it some where that can be hidden, i also do not want it to be too large.
i was thinking on my upper arm but i have heard that peoples tattoos can become dis formed if your muscles grow or shrink (im into lifting so this could be a problem)
my number one place would be on one of my shoulder blades but i think it might look odd with a tattoo on one shoulder blade and not the other

if anyone has any thoughts or pictures of family crest tattoos i would love to see them

thanks,
rob

p.s. here’s my family crest
mcdougall

http://www.thetreemaker.com/family-coat-m/mcdougall/scotland.html

jjb911nj
Participant
@jjb911nj

Well it depends on your build. If you have a muscular back than you might want to get it on one side up by the shoulder if not the middle of the back would be a better place. It might look funny if your muscular and your back is curvy… Have you thought about your ribs? I have seen family crests there as well. A little painful but well worth it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I say upper arm for shape and fit. Unless there’s radical changes in your arm size it won’t be an issue. If you go for the back, I’d say upper and one side or the other, not the middle.

randall93
Participant
@randall93

I’m 6’2 and 200 lbs with a medium build, I don’t see myself gettin too much bigger in size. I feel like the upper back would be the best place for the tattoo that i want. Anyone else have any input?

albert1500
Participant
@albert1500

i’m getting a custom crest i’m designing, on the back of my arm.

what about getting it on the right or left side of your chest?

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber
randall93;80781 wrote:
I’m 6’2 and 200 lbs with a medium build, I don’t see myself gettin too much bigger in size. I feel like the upper back would be the best place for the tattoo that i want. Anyone else have any input?

On such a big canvas, you’ll have to especially factor in other work you might want in the future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.