Zorba
Participant
@zorba

I’m a male Belly Dancer who had his first journey under the needle 6 months ago:

I’m going in next week for my 6 month touch up – but I’m *LOVING* this tattoo. I’ve found that even people who don’t like tattoos – or don’t like “tramp stamps” on guys – like this one anyway!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Wow, just wow. I looked through the link in your sig and wow, This doesn’t happen often, but I’m speechless. other than, wow.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Hello! I dig your site – seems like you know exactly who you are.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
Aahzz;76743 wrote:
Hello! I dig your site – seems like you know exactly who you are.

Here’s someone who GETS IT!

The ancient Delphic commandment: “Know Thyself”.

I try, I try…

I like the symbolism in your piece!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
Gsouder;76742 wrote:
Wow, just wow. I looked through the link in your sig and wow, This doesn’t happen often, but I’m speechless. other than, wow.

Thanx for your kind words – your ink is REALLY something special too – exquisite shading!

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Hey Zorba. I love the ink. I’m a belly dancer myself, and I applaud you for being secure enough to share your art. I think every dancer brings something valuable to the dance. I’d love to see some video if you have it!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba
ChaosDani;76748 wrote:
I’d love to see some video if you have it!

Its there – look in the galleries menu. Most of it is pretty old now – and this reminds me that I need to rip my latest off of DVD and post it…

BTW, have you heard about the gal (in Seattle? if I remember correctly) who is doing a rather ambitious book on tattooed Belly Dancers?

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Checked out your videos! (PMed you)

I haven’t heard about the book. Would like to know more. Tattoos and Belly Dance- two of my favorite things!

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

She’s trying to raise seed money for the project here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/StoppedMotion/tribal-markings

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

I really should have pointed out earlier that I have the long, drawn out, blow-by-blow account of my tattoo experience in an article about halfway down the page you get when you click the “Articles” button – or use this direct link:

http://www.doubleveil.net/tattoo.htm

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.