AHS
@

AHS means Ass Hole Steve. Nickname I’ve had for years and it fits pretty well. It wouldn’t suprise me if this is the only post I ever make, cause I’m just not in to this kind of thing. I’m here mostly for the sake of reading what everyone else has to say and trying to get a good feel for the pulse of the Tattoo world outside of what i’ve already been exposed to. I guess I don’t need a profile just to read, but I like to have the option of speaking up or asking a question if i feel like it.

To categorize myself as a tattoo professional might have been a little misleading, right now i’m not really tattooing. Doing A LOT of drawing both for fun and designing tats for myself and others. I am learning to tattoo, but I don’t know if anyone would call it apprenticing. ***(I’m sure I’m about to invoke the full wrath of 90% of the members here, but I’m not too worried about it.)*** The guy i’m learning from is a legit artist, young, but legit. He tattooed me during his apprenticeship in a legitimate shop in southern ohio, under the guidance of an experienced artist. The thing is … short version … he is no longer working in a shop…. so he tattoos me and i tattoo him at HOME. oh my god, i’m a worthless scratcher and should be executed :cool:.

I’m sure I’m being way too wordy for an introduction, but let me go ahead and tackle a few of the comments that I’m bound to receive. I was an army medic, and now work at a hospital as a therapist for the army. My roommate/”mentor” is currently an army medic (hence, not tattooing from a shop). Both of us are VERY well trained in sterile procedures and practice them religously. So before I get my head cut off, yes cleanliness is priority number 1, but it’s not a sermon that I need to hear. We take tattooing very seriously and are NOT using a $20 pre-made kit from ebay. I’ll field any other comments as they come, if tey come.

I’ve given a grand total of 4 tattoos, 1 of which on myself, over the course of the last year. No rush, I want to learn right. I assure you, I am not trying to fill the world with horrible tattoos that some of you will one day cover up.

I’ve got a total of 12 tattoos of my own and plan to have both half sleeves and my entire chest finished some time next year. I also have plans for a halloween themed full back piece. No piercings, not my thing.

Well, I got too wrapped up trying to preemptively defend myself and lost track of everything else. I’m not here to learn how to tattoo or discuss equipment or any other prohibited actions, just to read and absorb.

xxallonblack
Participant
@xxallonblack

Welcome Steve! I’m new too and don’t post here much either I just like to read about others experiences and learn more about tattoos and the random facts that a lot of people post. But that’s cool you were an army medic! I plan on joining the Navy in the next couple months after i finish my half sleeve. Thank you for serving in the military for everyone at home enjoying what you guys fight for 🙂

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

You don’t seem like an Asshole, Steve. You are verbose, you are interesting and you could argue that you fit into the “scratcher” category, just based on your own description but I don’t see asshole in there.

Welcome to the forum, don’t be afraid to post, put up some photos of your work but try to frame it in a way that doesn’t include the home part as people will react poorly.

xDREAMERx
Participant
@xdreamerx

I like the post. Brave yet blunt/honest. No massaging the truth, love it. Home style or not….share your art work.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

You sound like a gentle soul and as a medic you’ve seen more than any man should. I never envied medics for the daily “Hey Doc, check this out” *Drops pants* “Is this rash on my junk normal?” routine. It’s no surprise you guys are so defensive and with that said I hope you find this place as accommodating as your old CCP.

Welcome to the board, Doc.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forums Steve.

You seem to have covered all the basics, so I’ll leave my usual sermon be 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.