knit.for.brains
Participant
@knit-for-brains

So rather on impulse I decided to make a profile here, and I figures what better way to star than to introduce myself, or something…?

I’m a student here in San Francisco, and I have two rather small tattoos: one on my left forearm of Kurt Vonnegut’s signature/self portrait, and another right above the crease of my elbow on the right arm of a simple outline interpretation of a sketch of the dragon Chrysophylax Dives from the Tolkien story “Farmer Giles of Ham.”

So, to say the least I’m a literature nerd.

Unfortunately the Chrysophylax tattoo has a quite large blow out (bruise lookin’ thing about the size of a penny next to his head, which, considering the size of the tattoo is really big), so I’m now on the hunt for a good cover up (possibly a peacock feather wrapped around my arm).

i have another two tattoos planned and am pretty much addicted to it already even though I only got my first one (the signature) a little over a year ago.

Any advice/kindness is greatly appreciated and welcomed.

๐Ÿ˜€

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Hello, and welcome to the forum. When you are ready to move forward with the peacock let me know, I have THE guy to go to in SF. I live down on the peninsula but my guy is in SF.

knit.for.brains
Participant
@knit-for-brains

hey. thanks for the reply! ๐Ÿ˜€

i’m actually kind of antsy about getting it covered up, so if you could send me the guys info when you have the time that’d be great.

your tattoos are beautiful by the way. really, really nice work you got there.
colour me jealous. hahah

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forums.

Most excellent to find another literature nerd on here ๐Ÿ˜€

I’d love to see a pic of the Chrysophylax tattoo, or at least how it was supposed to look like.

knit.for.brains
Participant
@knit-for-brains

hey thanks!

i uploaded a few more pictures of my tattoos so check them out if you like.

also i see you’re from reykjavik. i visited iceland for 10 days last october, and i gotta say, it took my breath away! you live in a beautiful country/city.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
knit.for.brains;75320 wrote:
hey. thanks for the reply! ๐Ÿ˜€

i’m actually kind of antsy about getting it covered up, so if you could send me the guys info when you have the time that’d be great.

your tattoos are beautiful by the way. really, really nice work you got there.
colour me jealous. hahah

I love your login name…

Thanks for the ink love, My guy is Nick Chaboya at seventh son. It’s at 6th and howard. here’s some links:

http://www.nickchaboya.com/
http://nickchaboya.com/_blog/
http://www.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=nick+chaboya&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1278&bih=630

He’s pretty amazing at hyper realism and portraits although he seems to excel at almost any thing he touches…. I think he would KILL a peacock. His style is more “go in with a general idea and let him run with it” rather than “I want this” so if you trust his vision he’ll really put his all into it.

knit.for.brains
Participant
@knit-for-brains
Gsouder;75350 wrote:
I love your login name…

hah thanks! i kind of love it too. pretty true/telling of my personality as well. ๐Ÿ˜€

and wow. my jaw is on the floor because of this guys work! and your tattoo is on his blog… damn! his style is exactly what i was looking for (i don’t like colour pieces with too much black in them, and hyper realism is my favourite). i can totally see him doing a mind blowing peacock feather… or anything else for that matter!
he looks like he probably charges a bit more than i was hoping to spend, but oh my god would saving up be worth it to have a piece from him!

thanks so much for the recommendation!! i’ll keep you posted if i get an appointment/tattoo.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

PM sent…

ArniVidar
@arnividar
knit.for.brains;75349 wrote:
i visited iceland for 10 days last october, and i gotta say, it took my breath away! you live in a beautiful country/city.

Well, Reykjavik has little beauty compared to the rest of the country, but I’m glad you liked it here. Tourism is all we have now, so… tell a friend ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for that tattoo, I can’t see the blowout but the dragon as a whole is sadly underwhelming IMO. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

glad to see another from the bay on the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

welcome aboard

knit.for.brains
Participant
@knit-for-brains
ArniVidar;75360 wrote:
Well, Reykjavik has little beauty compared to the rest of the country, but I’m glad you liked it here. Tourism is all we have now, so… tell a friend ๐Ÿ˜‰

As for that tattoo, I can’t see the blowout but the dragon as a whole is sadly underwhelming IMO. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

you can be sure i’ve told everyone who’s asked me about it to go. hopefully i’ve convinced a few people… maybe.

and yeah, i tend to agree about the tattoo being ‘underwhelming.’ another reason i want to get it covered up. ooo well.

knit.for.brains
Participant
@knit-for-brains
Apostle 228;75384 wrote:
glad to see another from the bay on the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

welcome aboard

thanks! seems like a cool little comm so far ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.