BambooTattoo
Participant
@bambootattoo

Hey Everyone new to this site and just wanted to introduce ourselves…

Has anyone ever had a bamboo tattoo or even know what it is ?

This year me ( Todd ) and Master Keng from Thailand opened up Canada’s 1st bamboo tattoo studio and just wanted to hear about other peoples experience getting tattooed this method.

Hoping to make some new friends and continue to create awesome tattoo’s.

Best Regards,

Bamboo Tattoo

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Isnt that the traditional tapping style tattooing using a long rod with bamboo needles and a little mallet type deal?

Oh ya WELCOME lol dont want to be rude

BambooTattoo
Participant
@bambootattoo

No that would be Polynesian with the tapping this method is actually done with a bamboo shoot with fine needles attached and pushed into your skin.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

ok similar to the Japanese style like what the yakuza do? I dont know ive watched so many shows I get them mixed up Id love to get a tattoo done by just about every style out there I think that would be cool

BambooTattoo
Participant
@bambootattoo

Yes it is similiar to the japanese but instead of the metal rod it is a bamboo shoot and the technique is slightly different. Bamboo tattooing is an amazing technique and definatly the least abrasive to the skin since their is no bleeding or scabbing. Which makes the healing process incomparable to other techniques.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

That is some AMAZING artwork there!! How long does it take to do a piece like that Cross and how much do you charge for a piece like that?
Absolutely beautiful work!!

BambooTattoo
Participant
@bambootattoo

Master Keng is just as fast as a machine I believe that piece took around 5 – 7 hours …. the gentleman had quite a thick arm haha … we charged $125 an hour for that piece…

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Dang wish you were her in the states!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.