JWCIV619
Participant
@jwciv619

Hey, guys, I’m new to the site! It seems really great so far, it’s cool to be in a tattoo community.

I’m fairly new to the tattoo world, I’m 17 years old and only have one tattoo so far. It’s a comet with the flames swirling around my right upper arm. It’s not done yet, I need to think of something to fill the comet with and I’m going to put Nas lyrics right under it (Until the Day We Expire and Turn to Vapors). The comet is a symbol of change for me, and I got it on my 6 months sober anniversary. It was done by Flash of Comes a Time Tattoo in Fairfax, VA. If anyone lives in NoVa, I would recommend Flash, he has some sick black/gray work. I don’t have a pic yet, but I’ll put one up as soon as possible. Anyways, it’s cool to be a part of the site!

JWCIV619
Participant
@jwciv619

Ight, I uploaded two pics of my first piece to my albums. As you’ll see, it’s not complete yet. Any ideas of what to put in the comet would be greatly appreciated. I also gotta add more flames to the back, get some shading done outside the comet and add some lyrics underneath. Watchu guys think?

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

Hey welcome to the site 🙂

You wanting your tat to stay black and grey or you open to colour? I think if you did the comet in reds, orange and browns (like mars, the planet not the candy) and streaked the tail with the same colours (not totally coloured just hints) it’s look pretty bad ass.

I’m not sure about the text to be honest with you. You wanting it above or below? What style or writing? If it were in some cool graffiti style then it might look pretty awesome but in an ornate script it wouldn’t suit the rest of your piece, that’s just my opinion.

Sometimes people are too quick to get scrip thrown into a tattoo that doesn’t necessarily need it. I’d maybe wait and get the script as a totally seperate piece, maybe down your forearm or something so it’s not a million miles away but still far enough to look bad ass in its own right. 🙂

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

Hello!!! Cool tattoo, I got my first tattoo yesterday! And i love it! Tell me what you think of it!

JWCIV619
Participant
@jwciv619

I’m thinkin’ keep it black/gray. I’ve decided those lyrics are definately the ones I want, but I’m not too sure I want them on my arm. You make a point that the tattoo doesn’t necessarily need it, haha. Graffiti writing would actually look pretty dope on my forearm probably haha.

JWCIV619
Participant
@jwciv619

Luckylass, what up! Dig the tattoo haha does it have a cool meaning?

LuckyLass
Participant
@luckylass

“All you need is love” In Gaelic. Which is so true.
I love my tat, designed it when i was 14 and I am so glad to finally have it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.