ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I just ordered one of these, and as advertised, it is was easy and comfortable.

http://www.inkarmor.com

tattoo-cover-up-sleeve.jpg

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Ah, if you like that pin up girl then you should definately keep her in there. Although most of will encourage a larger tattoo. For that matter I would point out that if you wanted to later you could build an entire sleeve based on motorcyles built around this one as a starting piece lol.

username17
Participant
@username17

Yah, the only reason I didn’t think I’d do the pinup is because the tattoo would have to be big.
But I don’t mind if taking up my entire inner forarm if that will work.

Not sure about color vs grayscale though.
If I picked color, would the artist do it in black and white and color it in later?

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Well, they do the line work first, then any shading, and then they color it in. If you wanted to get just the line work and the shading done that would be a good stopping point. You could always schedual another session when you decided on wether or not to fill it in with color or black ink. Also, if you’re going to keep the pin up you don’t have to do it all color or all black and grey. A black and grey 1 with a color pin up in front could really pop.

username17
Participant
@username17

That’s a really good idea!

I think the black and grey 1 with a color pinup would look awesome.
I would probably do the shading first to see what it looks like, then do the coloring.

I’m really glad I posted here, you guys have been a lot of help.

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Looks like you’re getting to the part where you just need to hunt down an artist who’s portfolio makes your jaw drop. Just explain to them where you want to stop and why and they will be able to take care of you. Also he or she may be able to make additional suggestions to help you decide on just how you want it done. In my experience truly good tattoo artists are very creative types that can point out just the thing your looking for.

username17
Participant
@username17

Yah, I called my friend at work who has some nice tattos.
He suggested one out of town who did this back, since I live in a tourist area.

This is his back
n550344272_431629_7292.jpg

I think that’s pretty darn good.

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

I do like that color work, it looks good. I’d say talk to him, take a look through his portfolio and if you still feel good about him book your appointment. Oh and I wouldn’t wait too long to start talking to him and any other artists you might be intested in considering (honestly it wouldn’t hurt to take a look at a few artists along the way) since my tattoo artist is usually booked solid for about a month out. Trust me, waiting for a tattoo hurts worse then actually getting it.

username17
Participant
@username17

Well I took the pinup logo sticker to an artist today.
He said the pinup girl would need to be probably twice the size to get enough detail in.
He had a pinup on his arm and showed me how the detail was, but it was pretty big.

I think I’m going to get the other logo done instead.
The black and white HD #1 with the crown on it.

I found an example of a similar logo on someones forearm and I think it looks great.

I won’t have the dark custom below and I’ll put the crooked crown on it.
Going back tomorrow and I’m gonna get it done on my inner forearm.

Thanks everyone for your help.
If you have any feedback on my idea, please let me know.
In my earlier post I showed the logo I’ll be using.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

post up pics when you have had it done

username17
Participant
@username17

Done!

username17-albums-iron-883-picture69819-img-0548.jpg

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Looks good!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

That is very nice tattoo – he has filled it in really well.

Gratz on getting it.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.