username17
Participant
@username17

Hello,
My name is Jason, I’m 28 and over the past 6 months or so I’ve been putting some thought into a tattoo.

I never act on impulse, I know a tattoo is permanent so I saved the designs on my computer and I looked at them every day.
Several designs I got tired of looking at after a few days, a few others took a little bit longer.
One of the examples was an Abigram of my name or other words.
I’ve pretty much narrowed my idea down to one photo.

A year ago I bought a Harley Davidson Sporty (Iron 883) and I’ve been riding since.
I really fell in love with the bike and the freedom it gives me.

My desktop and iPhone wallpaper has been:
username17-albums-iron-883-picture67565-img-0308.jpg

How viable is this logo as a tattoo?
I would take the pinup chick off, just have the red/white/blue Harley number 1.
I’m also wondering how big it would need to be to get the lettering in?

The target spot for me would be my right inner forearm.
I’m not tan so I think the white part could just be my skintone.

Would appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

its not wise to have solid white in your tattoo, so keeping it in skin tone would be the best option, white is mainly for highlighting.
what i have done is photoshoped the chick out of it for you and turned it to white, if your seriously thinking of getting it then i would suggest the bigger the better because of the lettering, but i suppose if the number 1 was about 5 or 6 inches high then the text would look great and wouldnt be too small which makes the tattoo last longer ๐Ÿ˜‰

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Hi, the lines on that are all pretty bold so it should translate fairly well into a tattoo. The colors should be fine as well. But I would consider making it a black and grey piece. I think that would be more fitting with the Iron since that’s a bike with a nice dark and gritty design to it.

username17
Participant
@username17

Hmm, thanks for doing that.
A 5-6″ tall tattoo would work on my forearm I think.
I was planning having it facing away from me so the base of the 1 would be near my wrist.
But since it’s larger at the bottom it may need to be turned so the base is towards the joint in my arm.

However, I’m not sure how much I like it now without the chick breaking up the vertical lines.
There’s another version of that logo that is just black and white.

Maybe something like that without the dark custom.

I just photo chopped your edited picture on my arm.
I’m a big newb at photo editing, so it’s not realistic or sized right but it gave me an idea.

Thoughts?

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

Yeah, I like the black and white version better. But if you want the first perhaps you can break the lines up with something other then the original pin up girl.

username17
Participant
@username17

Yah, I think I like the black and white better.
Much more simpler, but I’m not too sure what I could do to break up the vertical lines.

It’s not as bad since I’d be doing like a greyscale tat.
The big 3 red lines were hurting my eyes.

username17
Participant
@username17

How well do straight lines translate over to a tattoo?
I found a pic of someone with the same tattoo on their upper arm.

But the lines were a little too messy for my tastes.

username17
Participant
@username17

Oh yah, I forgot there was another version of the black and white logo.

I like that version better than the plain black and white one.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i think it would look real sweet as a black and grey tattoo with the pin up .
not so teen looking then

Apriltg
Participant
@apriltg

I do like the black and white one with the crown as well. A good tattoo artist should be able to get the lines nice, clea,n and straight. Although the lines on a tattoo placed on your forarm can alter slightly when you twist your wrist or elbow. Perhaps that’s what made the lines look a lil off in the pic you saw. Another option would be to place it on your shoulder and bicep, think it would look good there as well. As far as something to break up the lines with I suppose that depends on what your into. You could have a different pin up girl designed. Or you could have a sportster in profile leaning against it. I’m sure others can come up with lots of good suggestions for that.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

also , i think it would be better placed the other way around so its upside down to you but right to everyone else . will look a lot cooler ……… in my humble opinion anyways :rolleyes:

username17
Participant
@username17

Yah I was thinking doing it upside down to me.

The reason I was thinking of taking the pinup out is because of quality.
Wouldn’t the tattoo have to be pretty big to get the details and stuff of the pinup.

But if it would look decent on a 6″ tall or so tattoo on my forearm I’d like that.

And what do you mean by teen? I’m not offended or anything, I just don’t get exactly what you mean.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well if yor going to have a tattoo there that everyone can see why not fill all the inner forearm ๐Ÿ˜€
yes it would have to be bigger but you do see many people with pin ups placed there ๐Ÿ˜‰

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Don’t take the pinup out. Just make the tattoo bigger. I like the idea and placement. But you did ps it upside down

username17
Participant
@username17

Yah, I guess that’s a point I should bring up.

At work I will most likely be covering it up.
I always wear long sleeves, but sometimes I roll them up.

There is a guy I work with who has some visible tattoo’s on his forearm and he’s fine.
So I don’t think I’ll run into any issues, but I will probably be covering it up at work to begin with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.