vandy
Participant
@vandy

Hey, brand new to the forum and to tattoos. I live in Round Rock, TX, just north of Austin and work for a local fire department.

I have picked an artist and have a date set, but still not exactly sure what I want. I’m sure this is annoying to you long time posters as it seems many people on here just want advice that strangers have a hard time giving.

Anyway, I am looking for something for my twins that died in the hospital 4 yrs ago. I don’t want anything obvious, but something that means something to me. In the end I want a cool tattoo to remind of them. I’m not into crosses, angels and that kind of stuff (plus that would be way too deep).

Last time I was in the shop we talked about two swallows with a cool background. I’m just not sure if birds is the direction I want to go.

Thanks,

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums!
I’m a firefighter/EMT in Pittsburgh, PA

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I’m sure we can help you think of a great memorial design.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

What month were you born in?

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
Joker1;54278 wrote:
What month were you born in?

Are you talking to me?
Or to
Vandy?

awesomeface13
Participant
@awesomeface13

welcome 🙂
sorry for your loss
i think i can help you if not at least give you an interesting perspective
i am a twin and decided a while back to get a piece representing my brother and i
like you i didnt want anything obvious
my inspiration was that despite our constant butting of heads we always love each other and protect one another. so i got what i can best describe as a cat-dog like monster with two human torsos that are connected each holding the end of a rope fighting over it to show how despite our disagreements we’ll always be linked

so maybe you could use representation like the swallows but find a unique way to incorporate them to symbolize the twin factor. my best advice is make it as personal as you can and avoid overdoing typical symbols, i.e. hearts crosses and angels, as you said before.

anyways i hope my own tale can help you think up some inspiration 😀

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
awesomeface13;54281 wrote:
welcome 🙂
sorry for your loss
i think i can help you if not at least give you an interesting perspective
i am a twin and decided a while back to get a piece representing my brother and i
like you i didnt want anything obvious
my inspiration was that despite our constant butting of heads we always love each other and protect one another. so i got what i can best describe as a cat-dog like monster with two human torsos that are connected each holding the end of a rope fighting over it to show how despite our disagreements we’ll always be linked

so maybe you could use representation like the swallows but find a unique way to incorporate them to symbolize the twin factor. my best advice is make it as personal as you can and avoid overdoing typical symbols, i.e. hearts crosses and angels, as you said before.

anyways i hope my own tale can help you think up some inspiration 😀

Do you have a picture of that tattoo?

awesomeface13
Participant
@awesomeface13
ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Welcome. I am very sorry for your loss. What about a cherry blossom tree with some of the blossoms blowing off. Symbolizing the fragility of life

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77
awesomeface13;54283 wrote:

Verrrry interesting lol.

vandy
Participant
@vandy

thanks biker, I bet pitt is an exciting place to run call.

face, I was born in march. Kinsey and ryan were born in dec.

face13, great perspective. I like that a lot. I’m thinking more about the swallows somehow linked.

the cherry tree sounds cool too.

anything else would be great. I really appreciate the new thoughts to open my mind.

awesomeface13
Participant
@awesomeface13
vandy;54316 wrote:
thanks biker, I bet pitt is an exciting place to run call.

face, I was born in march. Kinsey and ryan were born in dec.

face13, great perspective. I like that a lot. I’m thinking more about the swallows somehow linked.

the cherry tree sounds cool too.

anything else would be great. I really appreciate the new thoughts to open my mind.

you could probably combine the elements of the tree and the swallows. you could like them as simply having a worm or banner or something that they are both holding onto

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I was asking about the month you were born in, maybe could have had some sort of gemini symbology goin on, but wouldn’t really make sense if you weren’t born in June.

vandy
Participant
@vandy

Thanks for all the help. Not sure if this link will work, but the picture is on my page if not.

First tattoo

This is the picture from the first day. Still looking for ideas on the background. I’m thinking about wrapping it all the way around my arm.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Have the birds circling each other?
Kinda like a yin and yang/twins symbolism. It has great meaning to you, and its cool. I would personally add in other symbolism, like a compass rose, etc.
What artist are you using?
The Lone Star Tattoo Revival is in town this month. fyi

vandy
Participant
@vandy

Thanks for the help Chief D.

Tony at Rock of Ages is the artist.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.