Cole91
Participant
@cole91

Hi everybody my name is Cole. I am 18 years of age, and live in Alberta, Canada. I am currently in my first year of my Bachelors of Science undergraduates degree at Grant Macewan University, next year I will be moving to the University of Alberta.

I’m very new to the tattoo scene (Just endured my first tattoo 4 days ago) and I have a feeling that I will be here for life. Here is a pic of my first tattoo:

getattachmentaspxza.jpg
By slammedtypes at 2009-12-01

This tattoo is of a carbon atom (The building block of life, badge of humanity, whatever you will) for those that didn’t take chem in high-school, carbon is present in all life forms on earth and truly represents to me a strong epistimalogical reason for the existence of life in the universe. Surrounding the carbon atom in scripts starting from the top: Scientia ( Latin meaning knowledge) and below: Veritas Vos Liberabit (The truth will set you free). To me this tattoo represents my strong believe in that one should live life examining all aspects of this beautiful creation that surrounds us. I am bitter towards organized religion and the quote (Ironically taken from the book of John) means to me that knowledge leads to the ultimate truths in life, and once discovered, ultimately allows one to live with meaning. I chose the Latin language because it was the language of the philosophers and scholars (earliest scientists)

I’ve already begun to think about my next tattoo, this piece will be the crest of a sleeve on my arm. I am considering a socratic quote on the top of my forarm, and in the space between this tattoo and my one to come will be a space themed background.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Looks awesome man, welcome to the tattoo world. Interesting choice of why you got it done too.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Welcome to the forums!
Nice work, glad to see you got a very meaninful tattoo for your first one and you didn’t “get one just to have one”

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

^ not that there’s anything wrong with “getting one just to have one” 🙂

Welcome, Cole. Nice work you have there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.