Jeeperbrian
Participant
@jeeperbrian

Hope everyone is well! I have stumbled across this forum in searching for ideas on my next piece of art. I typically have just gone to my artist with an idea maybe a rough sketch and let them be creative. My philosophy about it was they are the artist ( as long as I loved it)

this one has a bit more too it and requires some back story.
at three months old I survived a gas explosion. It left me with some scars still today (at 24) but mostly on my right leg. From my knee down is completely scared. and then some random spots, but mostly below my knees and then my chest and up (but not nearly as bad as my leg)

Now, I know by now people are thinking that im another man that wants to hide something society deems “ugly” but it’s actually the opposite. I have always embraced my scars, they are a part of me and have deep meaning to me daily. People always ask me “why don’t you get plastic surgery done or something” I completely want to express to everyone that I am proud of my scars. They tell a story and express who I am inside. Now I want to go as far to make what most would call ugly, a piece of art. I feel as though to many people are ashamed and they shouldn’t be. I am here by first accounts to research different styles that work with scaring like me. Also, to look into the feasibility of it.

I would like to say first, I already am doing the foot work (pun intended) to talk with the doctor that did the skin graphing. I am also going to start looking into local artists to do the work. I got the idea about a year ago when I had some work done in AZ and the guy showed me a site of all tattoo’s dealing with skin graphs/scars.

I am excited to talk with everyone! also, I am going to post part of this under another forum for ideas/input. Hope no one minds!

p.s I also really only told a short and condensed version of the story, if anyone wants the whole thing i don’t mind sharing.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome.

I was just wondering are you looking for a tattoo that would enhance the scar – making it a part of the artwork or are you interested in scarification?

Scarification (art-form) is something which we don’t really have a lot of on this site but the BME site certainly has some indepth and often delicate work done.

I know many people have chosen to have their orig scars expanded so that form a pattern within the new scar tissue.

I have also seen examples where scars have been incorporated into tattoos the most common was knife slashes having paw prints tattooed at the bottom.

I would certainly like to hear your ideas on the subject.

Take Care
Matthew

Jeeperbrian
Participant
@jeeperbrian

im looking to have a tattoo that would work with the scar(not hide it) and possibly work with the natural textures and raised areas it offers. My right leg is all skin graphing from the bottom of the knee down.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Welcome. Would you mind posting a pic of your leg? I look forward to what the artist around here have to suggest.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi welcome to the forum

no real ideas really but some guy had a tattoo of a scar tattooed over his scar and its well cool.
might give you some ideas. try look for it in the forum’s search ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jeeperbrian
Participant
@jeeperbrian

i wouldn’t mind at all man. Ill take a pic tonight at some point.

Pjuma
Participant
@pjuma

welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

its a very interesting story, andthe idea to embrace your scars really cool to see someone who is taking the good things out of the bad.
hope it will be the perfect tattoo.

and i was wondering, does it hurt more to tattoo on scar tissue then healthy tissue?

xxx pjums

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.