S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    seanl;34778 wrote:
    but it has made me wonder tho , many tattoo shops i have been in and they have had loads of tat2 machines in a draw or on the shelf , and i have asked why so many ? 9 times out of 10 i get they dont work , money down the drain in my eyes if they dont know how to fix them i guess lol , yer i will put some stuff up on here and show u how its goin , and feed back is all ways wellcome form any one bad or good !

cheers seanl

here’s the reason. Many of the machines are given for free by some distributors for ordering large quantities of supplies. Some were suggested and purchased as trials. Some are old machines the artist has outgrown. Most of the time they aren’t worth fixing. Its relatively inexpensive to rebuild one, but if it isn’t worth it why do it? You keep it for the same reason people keep anything. They just don’t want to give it away.

I get a lot of my supplies from CAM Tattoo Supplies. You have to have a shop license to order from them, and for every $150.00 they give you a free machine. I’ve got several. They are all low quality machines. When my shader was down, I stripped down three machines and rebuilt one of the CAM machines to build a shader and it worked great. I still use it every now and again. But when my liner and shader together run $500.00, why would I bother rebuilding something that retails for $22.95?

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.