buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Right now it looks very pissed off but watch it closely keep it clean and dry and if it gets to bad go to the doctor to have your leg removed.

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

So I didn’t cut my leg off (yet) but I wanted to share the pic of the two white dots on the eye bulb.
    They are not hot to the touch a little more sore then the rest of the tattoo. Any ideas what this is or how to care for it? Any help/info would be much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚
    2a0n7c.jpg

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

That’s infected alright. Not sure where you’re located though, so not sure how to treat it. Bacimycin is what I use when mine get infected, helps a lot. Looks like it’s been infected and then picked at. Also see some other spots in your tattoo that indicates picking. Everyone says they don’t do it, but 95% do ๐Ÿ˜›
    Are you keeping your tattoo properly clean? If you’re gonna pick on it, at least clean your hands first.
    All of this combined indicates to me that you’ve done something wrong.. Might be wise to identify what, so you won’t have to suffer though it after your next session.
    Clean clothes, no pets around, no swimming, no soaking the tattoo, no scratching or peeling etc?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Looks nasty.

What pox said too. I’ve used B.F.I. antiseptic powder (It’s made in Edison, NJ) with good results.

Keep us posted.

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

I had my doctor look at it on Friday (he had no idea what he was looking at and ordered me to the ER to look for blood clots –I am not kidding you) He prescribed me antibiotics for the red lines above–which I have not taken yet. He was poking at it so maybe that is the reason this happened.
    but I can honestly say that I clean my hands and follow all instructions and that includes not picking at the tattoo. Only thing is I might wash it a little rougher then needed but nothing too crazy.
    I used Aquaphor for 5 days then switched to Jergens Lotion. I also have been wearing pajama pants under my jeans so the jeans dont rub against my tattoo.
    So what is the next step? Fill my antibiotics and start taking them? I emailed the tatoo artist and I hope to hear back from him in a couple hours.
    I am flipping out about this ..makes me want to say this will be my last tattoo.

Also thanks for all the help!

@Sam
    I live in NJ where can I buy the B.F.I?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@dhurley40 135874 wrote:

@Sam I live in NJ where can I buy the B.F.I?

First off, Aquaphor is petroleum based. I had a reaction to it some time ago. I use Redemption when getting tattooed (cocoa butter based) and for the first couple times after the wrap is removed the last time (dry wrap method of aftercare) Then I use Aveeno, lubriderm or another cocoa butter based formula such as Palmer’s.

B.F.I. is made by Numark Laboratories in Edison, NJ. I get it through my local Rite Aid drug store.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

No need to freak out ๐Ÿ™‚ This stuff happens! You’re not gonna lose your leg or get seriously sick or anything like that.
    Worst case scenario it’s gonna take sometime to heal, and you might need a small touch up. I’ve had worse looking tattoos than that who turned out fine!
    Well, stop washing it roughly. And those pajama pants… Here is the thing; A tattoo oozes. And you have a small infection. Now, imagine that the tattoo gets bit stuck on those pants, especially with your infection and all. you clean the tattoo, all good. Then, the pajama pants touches the tattoo again. The pants are still contaminated!
    So you make it worse. I had a similar issue recently with my leg tattoo, as my pants were a bit tights and it swelled a bit. I just put sterile bandages loosely over the tattoo and changed them when I cleaned it ๐Ÿ™‚
    Use some sort of antibiotic lotion on them, or something specifically design to treat small wounds(treat, not seal up), keep it clean and you should be just fine! ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’ve never taken antibiotics for my tattoos, but sure. Won’t hurt to take them, and it may speed up the healing ๐Ÿ™‚

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I have never, ever dealt with any sort of infection on any of my tattoos. I know with one of my tattoos on my calf it got real swollen and red and it did get me worried. I ended up wearing the baggiest pants I could find whenever I was at work or wore capris and then when I was at home I would wear sweat pants and roll that pant leg up and safety pin it so it wouldn’t move. It definitely doesn’t look good and I would say it does look infected.

Another thing I’d recommend is not using anything petroleum based. My artist completely stopped using anything petroleum based. While tattooing me he uses noxzema and cocoa butter. I’ve also gone to using a cocoa butter based soap as well. After it’s been cleaned and everything and before I rewrap any of my tattoos over night I apply cocoa butter, usually just the Palmer’s brand which I love! It works wonders. May take that into consideration next time. I’ve had less problems with healing using the cocoa butter than the petroleum based stuff.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mistress_Of_Pain 135889 wrote:

Palmer’s brand which I love! It works wonders.

Cool! It’s Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula. (I work with an Al Palmer. I redid the label to read: Al Palmer’s Cocoa Butt Formula! He loved it)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.