dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

Hi Guys

I just finished my half sleeve on my arm and due to the availability of a artist I wanted to work with I jumped right into getting some work done on my leg.
    Sunday was my first session with William Webb out of Evolution Tattoo in NJ.
    He free handed the Kraken and is going to work with the tattoo of my son’s initials I got a couple years ago. I go for session two later in the month. I am giving William full creative control on this guy. Bonus is that my son loves it!

I will get some better pics tonight

free hand
    33p7dxk.jpg
    15zfv2f.jpg
    2cyjexs.jpg

WIP
    261nqy1.jpg

Day after-sorry will get better pics tonight
    2lo66ja.jpg
    2hmhohi.jpg
    2lvmn2q.jpg

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Oh, it looks like this is gonna be really good. I’m looking forward to watching as it progresses.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Off to a great start!

It was the fifth artist I had that drew on me freehand. I remember him staring at my leg motionless for several minutes. He then “attacked” my leg with four colors of sharpie markers from my knee down.

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

thanks guys!
    Also just a quick question my leg/ankle is swollen. How long does that usually last for?
    Any suggestions on how to make sure it doesn’t turn into a problem?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@dhurley40 135708 wrote:

thanks guys!
    Also just a quick question my leg/ankle is swollen. How long does that usually last for?

I’ve had swelling on several occasions. The worst was when I had a reaction to a “trial” of a numbing agent. The swelling lasted for weeks. Usually it only lasts several days.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@dhurley40 135708 wrote:

thanks guys!

Same thing as with any swelling. Elevate it whenever possible, and ice pack for 10 minutes several times a day. With a clean towel or cloth between the icepack and your skin, of course. Or to be extra safe put plastic wrap over the tattoo and the cloth between that and the icepack.

I usually swell quite a lot any time I am tattooed. It only lasts a few days. But the lower leg will last longer because it is farther from your heart, and because of gravity. The next few days call for less walking and more time spent with your feet up.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

This looks like its going to be awesome!

Lower leg ankle is a bitch, I couldnt walk properly for like 3 weeks lol

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Great so far

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Looks really good!!!

And with legs… I had a pretty bad reaction when I got my latest piece on my leg, it’s kind of the same placement as yours.
    I ended up getting really red and swollen in like, a band, around my ankle after about three days. I freaked out. Looked like a horrible rash.
    The tattoo itself was fine, that swelling disappeared in a few days. But I got the funny combo of new tattoo, a ton of bug bites (Miami) and from my shoes. I went to the closest drugstore, got a cortisone lotion with a cooling agent that was supposed to help against all kinds of skin irritation, took a long shower, put it on, and it was pretty much gone in an hour. Didn’t put it on the actual tattoo, though.

If it’s just the tattoo that’s swollen, listen to these people ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep it elevated, use ice, etc! And should mention; When I got mine done, I was on my feet all day every day after I got it, didn’t have much choice. But it still healed up fine and went away, so I’m sure yours should get better soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

looking good I’m liking that eye!
    As said the legs are a bitch, that some ibuprofen or other anti inflammatory and keep that leg higher than your heart so the fluid can drain back.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@buttwheat 135732 wrote:

higher then your heart .

Thanks wardy

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

thanks guys for all the kind words and help..my ankle/foot seems to be getting back to normal(slowely) and the tattoo is healing nicely
    Going Nov 23 rd for round 2 ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Amok 135739 wrote:

Thanks wardy

Good catch

dhurley40
    Participant
    @dhurley40

I noticed some “red” coming from some of the line work …not sure if it is just irritated or infected. I spoke with the artist and he gave me the warning signs to look for. Of course the tattoo is a little sore still but no extreme pain, oozing, or heat coming from it. I got this done on Sunday.. I am leaning towards just going to the DR and getting some antibiotics lol
    thoughts? I also know its tough to tell from a picture but I would appreciate any input / help
    nb2jur.jpg

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Hard to tell… Doesn’t really look like a blow-out, but it could be. But those lines look pretty deep, so it could actually be just bruising or skin irritation.
    Keep an eye on it. If you don’t have any other symptoms, I doubt you need antibiotics.
    Not an expert on tattoos or medical stuff, but I’m sure someone else here will be able to pitch in ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.