buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Flabby 134791 wrote:

Is there anything I can do to improve it? Like small things, or should I just leave it alone and wait til’ i’m older to get it lasered.

This wouldn’t improve it but it may make you feel better. Go to the hack that did this and kick him square in the nuts and by kick I mean as hard as you fucking can.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 134804 wrote:

I have this feeling we’re being trolled. Come on. This is too obvious.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. And that clearly someone’s brother’s friend did that to them. Or someone tried to tattoo themself.

But if it is a serious question then the next best thing to laser would be SUN. Suntan that shit for a couple of summers and it will fade enough for a PROFESSIONAL tattoo artist to cover it up. Or at the very least they would need less laser sessions.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Call_me_Lola 134820 wrote:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. And that clearly someone’s brother’s friend did that to them. Or someone tried to tattoo themself.

But if it is a serious question then the next best thing to laser would be SUN. Suntan that shit for a couple of summers and it will fade enough for a PROFESSIONAL tattoo artist to cover it up. Or at the very least they would need less laser sessions.

Oh, this time of year, getting a tanning salon sign-up is super cheap, and if someone went every day for a month for an hour, something like that would all but disappear.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Except you might get cancer and die and stuff.. :p

I know tanning beds already hold a cancer risk if you use it a lot, and the mere mechanism behind how tanning beds change your skin and how that can give you cancer, makes me terrified to do it with tattoos!
    Tattoo pigment is different and larger than what your skin normally holds, so I imagine the cancer risk will also be quite a bit higher..
    Nope, no tanning beds for me! :p

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 134833 wrote:

Except you might get cancer and die and stuff.. :p

I know tanning beds already hold a cancer risk if you use it a lot, and the mere mechanism behind how tanning beds change your skin and how that can give you cancer, makes me terrified to do it with tattoos!
    Tattoo pigment is different and larger than what your skin normally holds, so I imagine the cancer risk will also be quite a bit higher..
    Nope, no tanning beds for me! :p

Oh, long term tanning bed users have high melanoma rates, but I’d do it for a month to fade that crap if I was a kid on a budget. Besides, we’re talking about skin cancer, which isn’t pleasant, but not particularly deadly in most cases.

ETA: When I just had one tiny tattoo and was much younger, I used the hell out of tanning beds for a month or two. It’s absolutely soothing and great. Like being in a lighted womb-coffin-thing. I wouldn’t do it now since I have more ink, a history of cancer, and more common sense, but I admit I loved it.

We do stuff that’s bad for us all the time. Alcohol, tobacco, driving cars – All those things are statistically more deadly than tanning beds. I’m just being the devil’s advocate here, but if you sit around reading medical articles, you won’t want to do anything, ever. But no, it’s a bad decision to use them over periods of years.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Hey kids, this is why white ink is bad for you.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

And white ink tattoos are growing in popularity. Go figure.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

The reasons why it’s bad for you is;
    1. It will turn brownish in few years / months even
    2. This is a shortcut that crappy artists use since they have no idea how to use the skin for fade.
    3. The tattoo will look bad since it’s lighter than you – the artist should have used your skin for this, by leaving the area blank.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Haha, I know but it’s just been very much focus on this specific kind of cancer in Norway lately. Guess the campaigns are working ;D
    I smoke and drink and do stupid shit, I don’t really expect to live past 50.

And white ink isn’t necessarily bad for you. it does NOT necessarily turn brown, yellow or go away after a few years. Seriously, I have white ink on my body that has been there for four 1/2 years now, and it looks just the same as when it was freshly healed.. WHITE. And it works beautifully for the highlights.
    If it’s bad ink, bad artists whatnot it won’t work very well, but it doesn’t have to turn out shit :p

Flabby
    Participant
    @flabby

@gobeavers 134795 wrote:

Why can’t you get it lasered now? Or color in the entire sun and stars black for more of a tribal look…I’ve seen plenty of Filipino sun and stars in straight black.

??

Message too short.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@poxphobia 134840 wrote:

Haha, I know but it’s just been very much focus on this specific kind of cancer in Norway lately. Guess the campaigns are working ;D

I guess everyone’s got their one thing that is just verboten.

@Flabby 134841 wrote:

??

Message too short.

Your joke lost its sparkle on page 1.

Flabby
    Participant
    @flabby

@GrayCatLove 134842 wrote:

I guess everyone’s got their one thing that is just verboten.

Your joke lost its sparkle on page 1.

What are you talking about? I’m being serious.. I accept the fact I got a crappy first tattoo. I was asking the guy who said to color it in solid w/ black ink if that’s a good option.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@poxphobia 134840 wrote:

And white ink isn’t necessarily bad for you. it does NOT necessarily turn brown, yellow or go away after a few years. Seriously, I have white ink on my body that has been there for four 1/2 years now, and it looks just the same as when it was freshly healed.. WHITE. And it works beautifully for the highlights.
    If it’s bad ink, bad artists whatnot it won’t work very well, but it doesn’t have to turn out shit :p

True not all white turns brown, but usually only stays white on really pale people. I wish I were pasty. Sometimes.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

j6bk.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

backpwx.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn’t think it’d be possible to fix the rays on my sun, but it worked out. Somebody tell me if I’m wrong, but you might be able to just re-work it in color and have it go from a shitty tattoo to a reasonable tattoo. I bet an artist could find a clever way to re-work it. On mine, she was able to by making the rays bigger. What if you colored in the rays black that extend into the stars (along with the rest of it), and extend the rays on the sections not going into the stars. Mine went from shitty to kind of cool IMO. Clear as mud? lol

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

its easier to go over black with color, not so much going over color with black. fyi.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.