buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I’m guessing that if you weren’t such a 420 fan you may have come away with better tattoos.

CinnamonXSpider
    Participant
    @cinnamonxspider

I don’t see how liking 420 has to do with anything. They were my first tattoos :p I’m not big on Beetlejuice and Lydia but I’m okay with the way Jack and Sally turned out. I won’t be going back to him cause he was a dick about a lot of stuff but being from Kansas there aren’t many shops to choose from sadly. And they are just opinions and I asked for em. Takes a lot more than that to hurt my feelings :p And yes I’m a dude. Not a lady thankfully.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Sorry about that mate don’t don’t where i got the lady bit from haha, the jack and sally is a lot better than the beetlejuice one but sadly it just doesn’t look nothing like beetlejuice if you look at some of the pictures we posted above. That should not be open if they are producing work like that.

CinnamonXSpider
    Participant
    @cinnamonxspider

I know it doesn’t. It didn’t in the reference picture either. It was kind of like a Manga inspired version of the cartoon show. It was both our faults. He told me to bring in some pictures and then I found the one I liked and he tattooed it and afterwards he mentioned he hated the pic and I could of just asked for him to draw something but he had never mentioned drawing a personal pic before so I was like meh. He’s the one that said to find pictures. I would of totally taken a drawn one over that. So miscommunication at its finest lol.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@CinnamonXSpider 126375 wrote:

So miscommunication at its finest.

Yes, for sure.
    That story sounds all too familiar.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

If I had something like that tattooed on me, I’d be in tears and at the laser clinic.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 126418 wrote:

If I had something like that tattooed on me, I’d be in tears and at the laser clinic.

I’d be happy to be there and hold your hand.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

The first is just plain bad and if you hadn’t told me it was Beetlejuice, I would never have guessed – and I have seen the movie a half dozen times and watched the cartoon for years. The second isn’t very good either, but I think a good artist could fix it up for you. For what it’s worth, I am a couple hours from anyone I would even consider letting tattoo me and one of the guys who did tattoo me is in Italy. peterpoose pretty much traveled around the world for his ink. I’m sure you can find your way out of Kansas.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 126422 wrote:

I’d be happy to be there and hold your hand.

You mind change your mind around the sixth hour of continual squalling. I have a recurring nightmare about a tattoo artist doing this really awful tattoo on my forearm and it’s very hot outside and everyone HAS to see it.

Chrisrozinek
    Participant
    @chrisrozinek

Sorry man, that is horrible.

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

OK, so this appears to be what the first tattoo was based on:
    BeetleJuice_and_Lydia_by_DemonTainted.jpg
    I’m sorry but while the original artwork wasn’t great to begin with, what the hell happened to it? I am very sorry for you :-(.

To put everyone back in their happy place: THIS is freaking awesome:
    egl_beetlejuice_and_lydia_by_amelie_ami_chan-d3f1wda.jpg

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@Asenath83 127248 wrote:

OK, so this appears to be what the first tattoo was based on:
    BeetleJuice_and_Lydia_by_DemonTainted.jpg
    I’m sorry but while the original artwork wasn’t great to begin with, what the hell happened to it? I am very sorry for you :-(.

To put everyone back in their happy place: THIS is freaking awesome:
    egl_beetlejuice_and_lydia_by_amelie_ami_chan-d3f1wda.jpg

Is it ? :S

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Wardy 127255 wrote:

Is it ? :S

Yes .

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

@ArniVidar 127261 wrote:

Yes .

personally i don’t like it, each to their own.

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Fair enough. I think her face may be a bit generic in it but he’s quite spot on. For me, it’s a unique style that still works. I don’t go into a huff because someone disagrees.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.