iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

So, I posted a while back when this tattoo was just an idea and got some feedback. Just turned 18 on July 22, and went wild with my newly born freedom 🙂 I got my tongue pierced on July 28th. I’ve wanted it forever and it is awesome. I made my appointment 5 months back with Jesse Rix of Secret Lake Tattoo (he is now is going on a 7 month wait) for my first tattoo. Told me it’d be a full day sitting starting at 10am. I was there until 6pm with between 6-6.5hrs under the gun. Jesse is absolutely amazing- super nice and very, very hygenic. And (obviously) an amazingly talented artist with an awesome sense of how the art should flow and what elements should be where. The shop is very comfortable and all the artists are really chill. They all thought I was a trooper for getting such a big piece for my first tat and for sitting so well through all of it. I’ll definitely go back to him for my next one there (even if I’m now 700 miles away). And I highly, highly recommend Jesse to anyone willing to take the trip to Keene, NH, totally worth the wait. Lucky me, he was only 1hr away. Oh, and he fed me during my sitting. Awesome artist? I think yes. Haha 🙂

PS-I’ve just moved so I should now have regular internet access and you’ll probably see a bit more of me on here, if you’ll have me back 🙂 And I intend on uploading some more pics of it in the next week or so.

It is absolutely beautiful so I thought I’d share it with you all. Without further ado…

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151067309986380&set=a.254279521379.138181.254167926379&type=1&relevant_count=1

124eq2t.jpg

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Wow, awesome! You must be over the moon with it:)

What’s the idea behind it?

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Thanks, I am very much in love with it. 🙂

The idea is a little bit of everything. The overarching idea is that from death comes life. I’m an athiest so i don’t believe in any sort of after life but it’s an interesting thought that even though when you die, you end up in the ground and decompose but still contribute to something so beautiful. Like you’ll never be 100% gone from this world. Hard to explain because there’s more to it but that the jist. I also love weeping willow trees and skeletons. And I wanted something dark and spooky. I added the feline skeleton at the last minute for that reason and since I work with animals. It’s beautiful art at first glance but means more to me.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Can’t see it without a Facebook account 🙁

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Oh nooo. I figured it out. Now take a peek 🙂

Amok
Participant
@amok

Nice piece. Congrats, that’s one hell of a first tattoo!.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

good job! looks cool!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

very cool congrats!!!

The skull looks off

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Very nice.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Looks awesome man and wise move going w/ a proven talent like Jesse Rix for your first.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

good looking piece, right up my alley, I like it!

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

Great first tattoo. Congratulations

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512

Absolutely love this! Congrats!

iggybuddi
Participant
@iggybuddi

Thanks for the compliments everybody! I’m so stoked, trying to think of what I’m going to get on the other calf as a reverse of this one. 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Congratulations and it is totally awesome!! :):):):):):)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.