jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Sat aug 11th. Next session. Still dont think it will be done. I want the second shading session all darkened up. My artist has to have surgery on his stretching hand in a month. So i will probably not get tattooed again for 6 months. Im bummed. Been goin in once a month lately. Pics will follow.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Im done for now. Once i figure out the rest of the sleeve there will be more tentacles incorporated into the newcwork on the ditch.

2012-08-11_21-49-20_415.jpg
2012-08-11_21-48-40_495.jpg
2012-08-11_21-48-48_922.jpg

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I love it. The fact that apparently noone either dislikes or likes it is awesome. I guess i have unique taste?
Not going to push the issue. Oh well maybe one day ill get a tattoo that someone other than me likes. 😀

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sorry man if you want the truth here is my opinion. I like the original art but on your tattoo it’s real hard for me to tell what is going on it all looks all muddled together and looks as if it is just random stuff not as if it is a picture. Maybe if you put some green in there to help define it? I don’t know just my opinion as long as you like that is all that matters.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

agree 100% with buttwheat. its a little muddy and flat. the concept is awesome tho.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I always want an honest opinion. To me it turned out great. If your familiar with the cthulhu mythos, then it makes sense. Cthulhu is something that dwells in the darkness. If you were to get close enough to see it in the light then you would probably be eaten shortly after. i had to have the last session to darken it up more. The refrence was just that ref. I dont want you to think im trying to sway your opinion at all. But i wanted it dark. The goal was to have really dark detail with a lot of texture. I only wanted the eyes to be super clear. Thats why he did the swirls. Vague details. The fact that you cant tell exactly whats going on with the facial structure is exactly like what the great nephew of george angell thought when he saw it, in the “Call of Cthulhu”. He had no idea what he was looking at.
The rest of the sleeve will be dark also. Going to add a throne sitting atop a large pile of bones on the inside bicep.
At the end of the day it could be all pretty and colorful, but thats not the road i wanted to go down.
I am very happy with it. Cant wait to add more.:D

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
yodaddynukka;117218 wrote:
its a little muddy and flat. the concept is awesome tho.

+1 Differences in opinion regarding design choices aside, better shading would give the piece more depth.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
jerryatrophy;117230 wrote:
Cant wait to add more.:D

Maybe you should seek out a different tattooist.

jerryatrophy;117230 wrote:
I am very happy with it.

Thats all that matters but sometimes it clouds the reality of your tattoo

Gard
Participant
@gard

I think it looks great man. Love it.

He likes it and that’s awesome. A majority of our population isn’t going to analyze the technical faults in the tattoo, so, it’s going to look amazing to almost anyone you meet.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Ok im sick of waiting for the “awesome” tattoo artist for my horror portrait, and i had to work last sunday so i have an apt with my normal artist this saturday. Going to do the inside of the cthulhu arm. No themed sleeve here. Pics will happen.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Thanks for the update!

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

New one. Sorry its hard to get a good pic. Local guy did the work. I like it.
2013-02-03_13-14-25_627_zpsdb08127c.jpg

This pic shows the tiein from cthulhu to the skully.
photobucket-62681-1363080467374_zpsb077e25b.jpg

He wanted to go ahead and backfill around the armpit. Couldnt handle that jit.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 124628 wrote:

New one
He wanted to go ahead and backfill around the armpit. Couldnt handle that jit.

Awsome Jerry!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Looks ace to me, congratz!

argedion
Participant
@argedion

Nice work. good details

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.