peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
gawj1512;114038 wrote:
Peter we’ve been together 16yrs next weekend. We have 3 children together. I got my first 3 small tattoos when I was about 20yrs old (so 15yrs ago!) and he pretty much never said a word about them. For 15 long years I wanted more tattoos and decided to wait until I was older, to see if I really did still want them, which of course I did. And have.

I do respect his opinions, but it’s my body and I will do what I want to it. He smokes, which of course I wish he didn’t. That’s his vice and this has been mine. I have MAJOR tattoo envy, I look at the photographs on here and wish I could afford to have more! There’s sooo many I want. He will still love me the same no matter what tattoos I have, I just wish we could share the same love and interest of tattoos. That would be cool 🙂

Sounds great then!

Yeah would be nice to share same interests but that’s not always possible.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

It came out well, feminine.
I have a lot of people close to me, wife, parents, sisters that don’t like my ink,
Sorry guys and gals my ink isn’t for you,
It is a personal statement about who I am,
If you don’t understand it that’s cool,
Just stand by and support me anyway

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512

Definitely true Mr Chen, ink is such a personal thing. As long as you are happy with it, that really is all that matters. I think it’s very wrong for somebody to judge another person on their ideals. You can like/dislike, but as you say, no need to really dig your heels in. I think there are some extremes I couldn’t get used to on a partner/parent/child of my own, some body mods are a bridge too far, but I think my ink is pretty subtle compared to what I actually want to do, but out of respect for my husband and mother, I won’t go that far, because I’m nice like that! Maybe if I do it slowly, over time, they won’t notice ;p

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.