peterpoose
Participant
    @peterpoose
gawj1512;114038 wrote:
Peter we’ve been together 16yrs next weekend. We have 3 children together. I got my first 3 small tattoos when I was about 20yrs old (so 15yrs ago!) and he pretty much never said a word about them. For 15 long years I wanted more tattoos and decided to wait until I was older, to see if I really did still want them, which of course I did. And have.

I do respect his opinions, but it’s my body and I will do what I want to it. He smokes, which of course I wish he didn’t. That’s his vice and this has been mine. I have MAJOR tattoo envy, I look at the photographs on here and wish I could afford to have more! There’s sooo many I want. He will still love me the same no matter what tattoos I have, I just wish we could share the same love and interest of tattoos. That would be cool 🙂

Sounds great then!

Yeah would be nice to share same interests but that’s not always possible.

A map I have made of great artists around the world – http://thebragartlist.mobuapps.london/
mrchen
Participant
    @mrchen

It came out well, feminine.
I have a lot of people close to me, wife, parents, sisters that don’t like my ink,
Sorry guys and gals my ink isn’t for you,
It is a personal statement about who I am,
If you don’t understand it that’s cool,
Just stand by and support me anyway

currently wearing 250 hours, and many more to go, cant explain what my ink means, its personal, it is about who I am
gawj1512
Participant
    @gawj1512

Definitely true Mr Chen, ink is such a personal thing. As long as you are happy with it, that really is all that matters. I think it’s very wrong for somebody to judge another person on their ideals. You can like/dislike, but as you say, no need to really dig your heels in. I think there are some extremes I couldn’t get used to on a partner/parent/child of my own, some body mods are a bridge too far, but I think my ink is pretty subtle compared to what I actually want to do, but out of respect for my husband and mother, I won’t go that far, because I’m nice like that! Maybe if I do it slowly, over time, they won’t notice ;p

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.