ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

I got my first tattoo on the ribs this past weekend at the ink life tour in OKC. I talked with my artist about a month ago and told him what components I wanted in it and to make it a kind of day of the dead themed tattoo in a likeness of my wife. I told him to have fun with it and this is what he came up with. We are pretty happy with it, but I gotta say though almost 5 hours on the ribs was no joke. This picture was taken today, it’s 4 days old and just starting to peel some.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Looks ok. The hair could have been done better as could the shading on the woman. I am curious as to whether you sent him some naked pics of your wife for reference. :p

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

ez, youre a good man, this guy did ok on the piece, in 5 hours he did what he could, if he had some more time I would like to see him detail her hair some more, and spend some more time on his shading,

Zaotar
Participant
@zaotar

Looks great in my opinion! Hair is a minor detail. Did you have any issues with squirming while he was working on it?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi I like it quite an orig take on day of the dead.

I would personally add a splash of colour to her lips but that is minor and a personal taste thing.

Post up when fully healed like to check some more detail of it out.

Take care
Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.