Raguvian
Participant
@raguvian

I just got this done. The roadrunner was already done about 6 months ago but I decided to add the rest of it a few days ago because it looked too plain.

IMG_20120317_131247.jpg

IMG_20120317_131303.jpg

IMG_20120317_131352.jpg

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

The road runner and Wile E. are a little off-scale, but very cool, and I like the desert a lot! It’s beautifully detailed and a great homage to those old Merry Melodies backdrops. Any plans to color?

Raguvian
Participant
@raguvian

Thank you! I do wish I had gotten the road runner and Wile E. Coyote done at the same time by the same person to get the scale correct, and also because I feel like the Wile E Coyote was done slightly better than the road runner, but at the same time I’m very happy with it.

I wasn’t happy with the mountains and background at first, but as the tattoo is healing the details are starting to look better and better. I’m not planning on coloring any of it, however. I like the simplicity of the grey.

I might add more on the inside of my arm to connect it all the way around. I was going to get some writing done on a sign in the background on the inside of my arm, but my artist advised me that the skin would stretch and the text would look weird, so I’m thinking about something else to get tattoo’ed on the inside.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Part of the problem I think is that the models for Wile E. and RR have changed a little bit with the making of the new cartoons. The background really makes me think circa 1960s Merry Melodies, and that’s probably my favorite MM period. I’m a cartoon nerd, and trust me, it has all the best Coyote and RR eps: “War and Pieces,” “Sugar and Spies,” “Chaser on the Rocks. (Side note: I swear I’m not some 400 lb. Comic Book Guy look-alike. I just act like one. 😉 )

Yeah, the inside of the arm up that high can get stretchmarks… Maybe you could get a pull back of Wile E. dropping off a cliff and RR watching him plummet?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

uhmm……..welcome to the forum

Adler
Participant
@adler

This could have been done so much better. Just wondering, was it done in a legit tattoo shop?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.