DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

This is after the second sitting of this tattoo. I’ve put maybe 4 hours into it so far. I have one more sitting to go on this one to finish out the color, smooth out the shading, and add the finishing touches. What do you folks think? I’ve been tattooing for about nine months so far. This is definitely one of my favorites.

a50dfae9.jpg

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I think it looks awesome!

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

crazy awesome dude! keep up the good work.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

so awesome to see your progression. very solid work.

flamefrost
Participant
@flamefrost

Designs is awesome, love it! Keep it up

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Looking very nice, indeed! ๐Ÿ™‚

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

hour hand, a couple numerals, shading on clock face a little rough but man, this is really nice, you are really hitting it for 9 months with a machine, its a complex piece, NICE

I say Bravo!!!

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985

Looks good, but I see a mistake in the numbers. 4 is wrote out as IV in roman numerals as I can only be grouped into 3.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat
Cledus985;109601 wrote:
Looks good, but I see a mistake in the numbers. 4 is wrote out as IV in roman numerals as I can only be grouped into 3.

I was given a painting to turn into a tattoo by the client. The original reads IIII. I didn’t want to deviate because that might be some special part of the painting. I don’t know. I just make tattoos.

Ckneasel
Participant
@ckneasel

wow, i love that, very nice…

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Cledus985;109601 wrote:
I see a mistake in the numbers. 4 is wrote out as IV in roman numerals as I can only be grouped into 3.

That’s not entirely correct. Clock-faces use all sorts of variations on the roman numerals. Many/most of the brand-name watch makers like Rolex, for instance, use both IIII and IV, apparently just depending on how the mood struck the designer ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well David, you definitely excel at shading and flowing colors/grey, but your line-work needs improving. All the same, this looks to be well on it’s way to being an awesome piece. Very ambitious project ๐Ÿ™‚

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I agree whole heartedly. I’m working hard at making more solid lines. Unfortunately the line work for this was done a few months ago and I’m trying to correct my mistakes. I’ve been taking on as many script and text tattoos as I can handle to get me better at lines. I’ve been told it takes years and years though.

Still not bad for $200 though right?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

$200 for the whole thing, all the sessions? That’s a bargain. That’s little more than I pay per hour here in Iceland, and the work will hardly be better than yours ๐Ÿ™‚

Cledus985
Participant
@cledus985
DavidJednat;109606 wrote:
I was given a painting to turn into a tattoo by the client. The original reads IIII. I didn’t want to deviate because that might be some special part of the painting. I don’t know. I just make tattoos.

No worries, please don’t take it as I was bashing I just noticed it and pointing it out. Looks great I appreciate any good artwork as I can hardly draw a stick figure.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.