chopper1888
Participant
@chopper1888

Hi 🙂 Does anyone have any ideas as to what i could do to expand out a cross, with things surrounding it, it is alone on my arm aand I was wondering what people think i could do wqith it and how i could perhaps turn it into a sleeve, or what sort of things may go with crosses, all ideas welcome 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Welcome to the forum. I would say just about anything would go with a cross. I would be thinking about things you like first. I’m not getting a sleeve, but I am getting a celtic/gothic cross on my back (my artist is doing drawings now) and I asked him to work in a few things I like. I’m having a dragon, a crown, daffodil and a symbol for the planet mercury. These are things that interest me. He is also going to add some sort of background interest. So, I think you could choose just about anything you like and have it worked into a sleeve. You could even go with a particular theme all the way through.

Are there any designs you have been considering? I’d like to hear what they are. Do you have any pics of your cross tattoo? We’d all love to see! 🙂

chopper1888
Participant
@chopper1888

cheers that helps, I originally wanted a celtic cross, due to irish family but that became a gothic one on design, I also am slightly unsure about the tattoo itself and I am thinking about altering that slightly though i am stuck for ideas, here is the current cross

I would like i possible your feedback on the cross as it is aswell and if you have any ideas on improving it 🙂 the picture isnt showing up on mine so here is the link 🙂 http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=4888&pictureid=11974

bluey
Participant
@bluey

I would track down a good tattooist. This is frequently used as a throw away line, so in case you already know please accept my apologies.

How to find a good Tattooist.
Stage 1 finding them
Ask around e.g. here, but you need to give you r location and approximate distance you are prepared to travel
Look on the net for studios that meet your criteria (above). Have a look at their posted work for something similar e.g. sleeves with colour or grey work or whatever you are thinking of.

Once you find find a few candidates go have a chat to them. Whilst there have a look at what the shop is like. You will soon find someone that you can work with to give you what you want.

I’m assuming if you want the Irish theme there is going to be a lot of green no matter what the final design is, with most probably a number of clover leaves.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Stick some clouds around it etc.

Not much you can do with a cross really.

chopper1888
Participant
@chopper1888

Hi thanks a lot, yeah thats sort of what Im thinking but i just thought if anyone had any good ideas I’d like too hear them and opinions on the tattoo so thanks everyone 🙂

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

You can have wings wrapping around it, a banner, flowers/vines wrapping around it, a rosary wrapping around it etc. You could have a centerpiece added onto it and background put it. I’ve seen some with flames coming up around the cross. You can have something put in at the base of the cross to make it appear as if it is grounded. There’s lots you can have done. Perhaps get an artist to do a few drawings to show you some idea of what could be done. The possibilities are endless.

My celtic/gothic cross is being designed now by my artist and it has elements from both the celtic and gothic. I couldn’t decide between crosses, so I am having him incorporate some gothic into the celtic cross. Have fun coming up with ideas! 😉

MissHong
@

Hi, i happened to come across this website, utopia studio, maybe you can check it out and it can even help you think of ideas!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
Wardy;105095 wrote:
Stick some clouds around it etc.

Not much you can do with a cross really.

dont listen to this, a cross is such a standard symbol these days that you can put so many other elements with it and it still not look jumbled or wrong, msmercury has given you some great ideas already. flowers scripts allsorts can be put with these things and i definitely agree with her that you should think of things that you like and/or mean something to you and then go from there rather than trying to find something to go with what you already have.

if you have any religious beliefs you can go down that route and make the sleeve fit that as an idea, you could even go down a zombie sleeve routa and incorporate an undead figure coming around the cross with some back ground elements and shading. unfortunately for some reason i cant see the picture you put up so im just going on a stadard imagined image of a cross! lol

i hope you can find something you like and come up with something really cool and deffo heed the advice about finding an absolutely awesome artist to complete the work 🙂 good luck xxx

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Only one answer here: Tribal.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You could do a lot with it.

cross-tattoo-7.jpg

cross-tattoos-with-flames.jpg

Tons of ideas here best web site ever

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200
maniacthw;105520 wrote:
Only one answer here: Tribal.

is tribal ever really the answer??? lol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.