Oboyholic
Participant
@oboyholic

Hey. Got my second tat, it’s a Jolly Joker playing the flute, all over my left ribs/side.

2,5 hours of crazy pain.

Studio: NY Adorned (New York)
Artist: Bart

Price: 400 USD

(Googled around to find a picture that my friend photoshopped slightly, which is the one I had done).

The black-and-white picture is taken with an iPhone right after I had it done, the one with the red shirt is 1 month after, with a not-as-good camera so a ton of detail is los.

joker1p.jpg

joker2d.jpg

I found NY Adorned HIGHLY professional, friendly and just top-notch. My artist, Bart, was also fun and comfortable to work with. They give you perfect instructions on how to heal it properly.

Please do tell me what you think!

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

i like it. except maybe for the shading near the knees, i don’t get that… but very nice details. did it hurt much?

congrats on the ink!

Oboyholic
Participant
@oboyholic

Thanks! Yeah it was intense pain bro.. more painful than breaking bones.
The shading is primarily done to create contrast between the guy’s white leg and my skin, and to give geometry so it feels like there is a wall behind him 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Yeah the rib’s are supposedly really painful. Have to agree with the shading near the knee but other than that i think its brilliant! Look’s awesome bud.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

tattoos are seriously shit so props to you for getting such a big piece there! mine hurt like fuck, no way i’d sit there for 2.5 hours through that! im too much of a wuss lol i thought the same of the shading, i understood the purpose but it just wasnt quite right because of the line across the bottom where it joins the knee so it looks like part of the seat instead of the wall but the rest of the shading looks like a really close wall like he’s sitting in the corner, but then in that case there should be some shading on the same side near the elbow and head etc. other than that the main body of the tattoo is pretty good 🙂 congratulations x

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks good. I don’t get the shading at all it looks as if it is an unfinished shadow. But overall a very nice tattoo.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

ny/brooklyn adorned are awesome shops. 400 for 2.5hrs of work is pretty cheap for ny artists, right? congrats on a cool piece!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

No doubt, 400$ for nice sized piece, done quick in 2.5 hours, great price for NY, great price for NY Adorned
Congrats

pain is relative, my side by josh woods thats on the spike tv ink masters webpage took 15 hours or so, one sitting, the other side by josh (also spike tv webpage) took 10……….Im glad you did it, you know now, if you want something good, you gotta pay

Adler
Participant
@adler

Nice tattoo, I odn’t mind the shading at all. Seems like a different piece than Bart Bingham (if that’s the correct Bart) usually does, I thought he did primarily traditional. And yeah, I thought Adorned charges 200/hr regardless of the artist, I’m pretty sure Kings Ave in NY is the same.

Oboyholic
Participant
@oboyholic

Thanks!!
I’m surprised there are comments on the shadings =), heard so much positive about them live.
The “line” is actually a part of what he’s sitting on, that’s true.

Yes it’s Bingham, since he din’t draw the actual piece (I brought it), it doesn’t look like his traditional pieces, yeah.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi I like the piece a lot and personally I would extend the shadowing so that it wraps further around him and ends at his shoulder.

This would create a shroud effect that was often associated with Jesters during the medieval times that they both bringers of joy and amusement but also death messengers.

It is a well executed piece and would love to see more detail.

Also you got a very good price for it as well.

Take care
Matthew

Oboyholic
Participant
@oboyholic

Thanks alot ! Cool thoughts. Here are some more close-ups. It’s taken with macbook pro’s photobooth, so not the best quality.

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2682/39770672.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3060/24503430.jpg

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8595/95808754.jpg

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/7333/10400757.jpg

Thanks !

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Oboyholic;104671 wrote:
Thanks!!
I’m surprised there are comments on the shadings =), heard so much positive about them live.

That is because we are assholes. No really because we are random people that don’t care about your feelings and most of us are into fine tattoos.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.